"top gear" and car clips thread

Re: I love "top Gear" but

give me the season and episode numbers and i can prob find you the whole thing ;)

thanx for the offer but I mostly just like the clips, an entire episode rarely keeps my interest

maybe we can start a top gear/auto clip thread

and the BBC lawyers could start legal proceedings :p

eeh..... i think my favorite Top Gear clips are pretty much any involving the Bugatti Veyron...... or anything Lotus.

That was still an impressively close race!

by request, I don't know if this is the best lotus segment but it was first up so probably the most viewed, if there's a more entertaining segment you've seen on the tube try to find it and post

I remember the first time I saw the louts on the road I was really impressed with the way it moved and it's visual impact

I still love the car though it has taken on a slightly more cartoonish look to me over time

still a pretty car, 0-60 in 4 seconds, not too shabby!

I would title this tube "susi vs a hamburger"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2MYm1bjto

to be fair, the race pits a two seat sports car tha enjoys race suspension against a 4 seater which is underpowered (when considering weight to power ratio), and suffers a decades old live rear axle, on top of that it's priced at quite a few "quid" less then the lotus

not a fair test by anyone's idea of a competition and even with all those performance deficits, from what I can tell in the clip, the lotus even had semi slicks (stock)and the mustang to be stock would have had all weather or summer tires

talk about a set up to win, there it is right there

this type of competition would be the same as pitting these two cars against each other, the driver would have to takie along a guest, two children and some luggage on an overnighter..the lotus would have to make two or three trips there and would have to sit till till the rain or even damp subsided if he wanted to take some corners with speed

one has to admit, the driver of that stang really knows what he's doing, he drifted in and out of corners even with his live axle and over weight four seater, for a brick like that with only 300 horsepower (at the crank) he did MUCH better then I thought he would

Last edited:
Nah.... the Lotus Exige vs. Apache is probably one of the most entertaining Lotus video's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC7LrHu7cw
Still remember the one Lotus Elise that was down at a gas station not 10 minutes from my house the one day. oh my god was i drooling. Pulled into the station, thought "..... what's that little car?" Then i saw the badge on the back "..... ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?" Those things are freakin TINY. I mean, i drive a Smart ForTwo, but damn..... my Smart is probably twice as tall as a Lotus. I seriously wanna go to a Lotus dealer.... or a dealership that has exotic cars such as Lotus's... and test drive one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been irritating me lately how much of the things that go wrong are staged but still enjoy watching it every week :)

Nah.... the Lotus Exige vs. Apache is probably one of the most entertaining Lotus video's.

Still remember the one Lotus Elise that was down at a gas station not 10 minutes from my house the one day. oh my god was i drooling. Pulled into the station, thought "..... what's that little car?" Then i saw the badge on the back "..... ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?" Those things are freakin TINY. I mean, i drive a Smart ForTwo, but damn..... my Smart is probably twice as tall as a Lotus. I seriously wanna go to a Lotus dealer.... or a dealership that has exotic cars such as Lotus's... and test drive one.

wow, judging from that youtube the car still has plenty of grip in the wet even though it has near slicks for feet, very impressive

as for the smart car, this is funny, as I was pulling up to the coffee shop right now, pulled beside me was the smart car...it TOWERED over me and my solstice gxp isn't nearly as low as the lotus

ps

I edited your post to clean up your youtube entry

Yea... another forum i visit has nice and easy Youtube tags (i.e. [youtube] *insert youtube link here*[/youtube]).... but those didn't seem to work here.

Smart's are taller than most sedans. it's no surprise it towered over a Pontiac Solstice. lol. That's what i love about it. Plenty of head room and leg room, quite contradictive of what the external appearance would lead one to believe. My parents have an '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.... and i can't stand driving it. Not only because my head is extremely close to the roof.... but because vehicles over a certain weight, which i believe includes the vast majority of SUV's... aren't generally rated for their roof strength. The IIHS tested the roof strength of both the Smart ForTwo and the Chevy Aveo. They have a hydraulic system push a steel plate against the front corner of the vehicle, at an angle down towards the driver.The Smart was able to hold 9,000 pounds while crushing less than 5 inches. The Aveo crushed almost double that distance by the time it got to that weight.

People may criticize the smart... saying it's a death trap and such.... but for being such a small car... it can handle it's own quite well.

Yea... another forum i visit has nice and easy Youtube tags (i.e. [youtube] *insert youtube link here*[/youtube]).... but those didn't seem to work here.

Smart's are taller than most sedans. it's no surprise it towered over a Pontiac Solstice. lol. That's what i love about it. Plenty of head room and leg room, quite contradictive of what the external appearance would lead one to believe. My parents have an '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.... and i can't stand driving it. Not only because my head is extremely close to the roof.... but because vehicles over a certain weight, which i believe includes the vast majority of SUV's... aren't generally rated for their roof strength. The IIHS tested the roof strength of both the Smart ForTwo and the Chevy Aveo. They have a hydraulic system push a steel plate against the front corner of the vehicle, at an angle down towards the driver.The Smart was able to hold 9,000 pounds while crushing less than 5 inches. The Aveo crushed almost double that distance by the time it got to that weight.

People may criticize the smart... saying it's a death trap and such.... but for being such a small car... it can handle it's own quite well.

We have [yt] tags

yes its so hard to add a you-tube video here atm isn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back