Tonights Work

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Did a few server tweaks last night and this morning, seems to have speeded things up nicely and of course increased stability (was getting fed up of having to reboot the server daily at around 7PM GMT :s)

Will be doing some work on the site scripts themselves so I thought I would jot it down here, in case anyone has any suggestions, comments etc.

- Will be creating a new RSS feed, will be modifying the current one and making it advanced and keeping the other one fairly simple and once that is working and tested, creating the relevent GFX for them.
- Forum backend optimsations. Always fun.
- Look for code for ALT tags on OSNN news icons etc.

Stuff to consider:
- Smilies. Need smilies that will work on both Orbitz and Ekko, still looking into it but have not had alot of time.
- Continued WC3. A good method of making sure pages are as efficient as possible (not only the text, but it means I look over every line of code) - a few sections are done and I occasionally have bursts where I do it. Only doing Orbitz atm, but will move on to Ekko once Orbitz is 100% complete.

I am also in charge of the Virtuanews forums for a while as Tingle is away trying to break a world record, so that is keeping me busy but helps to make sure I am 100% up-to-date with Virtuanews.

Could make that assumption :eek:

PK: Maybe :)
Might need a layout for the Klipfolio image / Mobile Image / Backend Image

Backend and Klip are kinda the same, but I was thinking of splitting em down the middle, like a split with a different colour, in the osnn style of course (orbitz, tho one for ekko could still be done of course)

Still undecided :)

hmm spotted something intriquing... apache processis dieing with sig 11 but the site is accessable....

Some more tuning needed methinks

Segmentation Fault - means something ddint compile right but didnt comlpain about it, or its bad system ram/cpu

Good job EP

Anything I can do let me know.

Is LordOfLA helping you with ther server stuff? If yes, good job to you too LordOfLA :)

Electronic Punk said:
Could make that assumption :eek:

PK: Maybe :)
Might need a layout for the Klipfolio image / Mobile Image / Backend Image

Backend and Klip are kinda the same, but I was thinking of splitting em down the middle, like a split with a different colour, in the osnn style of course (orbitz, tho one for ekko could still be done of course)

Still undecided :)
if you have any examples that would be helpful... let me know what ideas you have and I can get working on it. :D

not a problem... I have 2 weeks (Sept 1) before classes start back up

well I told freebsd to recompile apache, everything apache depends on, adn all the dependences that they depend on, etc, etc, so if a comlpete recompile of the whole shebang dont fix it I dunno what will.

course it jsut occured you could ask servermatrix to stop giving you cheap parts :p

Well that could be a problem.
I asked if I could pay to add some ram, they told me I could swap servers.
:p

well if you swap servers you'll have to wait till I get some free time to do all this again. I've been at it for 10 hours so far :D

hmm well recomplilng didnt work byut I've found something else to try...

hmmm but it doesnt apply since there is only mod_php4 theres no php4 or php4-cli installed...

Mmm...improved RSS feeds
smile.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back