To RPG or not to RPG, that is the question.

Rob16299

OSNN Junior Addict
Sup fellas,

Im looking to get started in rpg games, I dont believe Ive ever tried one, Im mostly a shoot em up, gore kinda fellow, favorite game being TFC, but am looking to explore other games. Let me know which one is worth the 40 bucks or so of my hard earned cash. Also none of that 20 bucks a month for online rubbish either. Details and such about the game and if my system should be fine to handle it would be appreciated also (shouldnt be a problem, just ordered a 4200 and is in the mail). Let me know what you guys think. Appreciate it.

depends on if your talking about computer games or console games. either way, i'd recommend:

final fantasy series
diablo 1 or 2
everquest (if you want an online game)
ultima online (same reason as everquest)

and i cant think of any more at the moment.

computer games

Been looking at Neverwind Nights, but that thing is extremely overpriced atm.

Thanks for the response.

I have Neverwinter nights, its an alright game. Grab some Emulators and get into Final Fantasy if you can, Secret of Mana is good, ZELDA. All are free for sacrificed graphics. If you want to play games strictly on the PC Morrowind is good, EQ is sick if you don't mind playing on an old Engine and pay 15$ a month or so. Dungeon siege, Diablo 1 and 2 are not to in depth, but you can get some fun out of them. Games are pretty weak now... It's all the same stuff over and over again no real ingenuity, same engines....

Diablo 2 is boring, imo. i played it since the day it came out (expansion included) and then it was a blast. but now the value of items are messed up from people duping all the damn time. Don't get me wrong, i would play again, if blizzard ever fixed the dupe problem, but it has been over a year (+/- 2 or so weeks) since a new patch has come out. i just lost interest due to the cheaters.

I can't believe no one's mentioned Baldur's gate 1 and 2 - arguably the best RPG's known to man. But you will need to set massive amounts of time aside to get through either of these. If you have a girlfriend/partner its quite possible she will leave you due to the lack of attention she's being payed :D

As a few others mentioned, Neverwinter Nights. Great game :)

Dungeon Siege isn't too bad either. Just a shame the single player's so short.

try some of the older games like planescape torment and the fallout series
:)

Well if your a half action gamers and be wanting to play rpg games, the right game for you is Morrowind. 40$ or 49$ this game is the best rpg/ adventure game for PC, trust me

i reckon Counter Strike is the best RPG around..........nah you know im just kiddin its not that good hahaha (joke). Id probably go for Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Morrowind! :) Way better than NWWN - get NWN if you want multiplayer. If you want a great RPG, get Morrowind.

If you've got a PS2, grab yourself Shadow Hearts, Grandia 2, and Final Fantasy X.

I don't think you would like starting off with heavy rgp's like NWN. I only played warcraft and shoot'em up once too until i played Diablo 1 and 2... 2 is of course the best... It certainly opened op my eyes for the rpg world. I was you i would buy Diablo2 or Morrowind (morrowind has awesome graphics and you get to fight alot too) :)

did anyone try Neverwinter Nights?
everyone rated it as "superb"

I just found the greatest RPG ever.... It's called Anarchy-Online... you pay $12 a month and the first month is free.... If you just want to try it, you can play for a week for free just to see if you like it.... It is the most addicting game there is (next to Evercrack of course)... but if you don't believe me, check it out for your self.

well hmmm ones Ive played and liked
SNES final fantasy's chrono trigger Lufia 1 & 2 Super Mario RPG

PSX - Legend of the dragoon (same as final fantasy almost) Final Fantasy 7,8,9 Diablo

n64 - Zelda's are cool but dont know if its considered RPG

Dreamcast - Record of lotuss War(currently playing lol just like diablo)
Soul Reaver is a nice Action Game some of wich reminds me of RPGS not much tho lol
DREAMSNES-(see snes section lol) Senes EMu for DC lol only have to keep one hooked up

PC - Diablo 2 - Only one ive played Friend brought over morrowin might play it later lol when i aint adicted to any on pc

all are games i liked and played lol all worth trying as far as im concerned

yeah Giants is pretty good. kinda weird but pretty good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back