to be amd? or to be pentium?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
hi. my mobo isnt very comptible with xp, so i wanna get myself a new one...
maybe this post will create a huge debate (which isnt what im going for), but here goes.
im always doubting if i should go for an AMD or a Pentium cpu. which one do u guys recommend?
another question, whether the cpu be AMD or Pentium, what mobo should i pick? any favorites? any mobos i should steer clear of?

thanks, Apu

OK I'm ducking under my desk for this topic.. but...

read MY specs below and go from there....

Originally posted by apu95

maybe this post will create a huge debate
thanks, Apu
Maybe?!?! lol, have you looked at some of the posts where this has been debated? hahaha, this is gonna be interesting, again :p

kt266a chipset and like an athlonxp 1600+... extremely cost effective. wanna spend more? get a kt333 board instead and geforce4 ti to go with it...

that's my 2 cents.

Ahhhhhh not another intel/amd. There will be plenty of debate. Doesn't mean much, though. If you have to ask the question, then you won't be able to tell the difference between comparable chips by either maker (as I cannot). But AMD is cheaper. So...

EPoX 8KHA
Soyo Dragon 266 (only diff. between this one and the 333 is that the 333 is tested to work with PC 2700 ;))

AMD Athlon XP 1800-2100, whatever you got the cash for after the mobo.

INTEL :D (only if you want to pay a hundred £££'s more for less performance.... :confused:

well the northwood beats the AXP but at nice speeds lol gimme a 2.56ghz norty and ill oc =p

Go with what you want, what you can afford etc...I'm not gonna slam someone for buying a Pentium, or loving it. Personally, I prefer AMD, being a jobless teen with a low income, AMD's are more affordable.

Processors debates are just like Ford vs Chevy and different kinda of music, just let people use and do what they like and there's no problems.

AMD!...?

I got and AMD 1.3 Ghz Athlon fairly recently, simply because the computer seemed to be a good buy. I like that AMD isn't the mainstream "normal" processor company that Intel is. But I don't really notice a difference or care. It does the job for me...:)

I like that AMD isn't the mainstream "normal" processor company that Intel is.

You are kidding right?
AMD is just as Mainstream as Intel in all respects except two, Price and advertising...

AMD processors are (in my opinion) a Better Chip at a lower price.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back