tired of WMP10

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
im tired of WMP 10 for playing MP3s. What i want is something that plays audio files. Will show a list of songs you have in queue to play. And one that is free. And of corse the obvious stuff like a seek bar and what not... I know there are a million alternatives out there, which is why i take your suggestions over googling to find one.. I just want something real simple.

thanks in advance

Have you tried WMP11? Huge improvements. Beta 2 was released two weeks ago.

Well if you have some free time and don't mind a learning curve, Foobar2000 is an excellent player as well as many other things. Most people are thrown off by the default visual settings though.

http://foobar2000.org/

I don't know why people dont search more, there are probably 1 million threads on this, on this site alone.

it's always between the WMP fans, Winamp, and Foobar....

winamp is my choice and is one of the more popular ones. It's great all around.

I use Winamp for my music collection and Media Player 11 Beta 2 for video and the odd mp3.

I don't know why people dont search more, there are probably 1 million threads on this, on this site alone.

it's always between the WMP fans, Winamp, and Foobar....

winamp is my choice and is one of the more popular ones. It's great all around.

i didnt feel like googeling why would i do an osnn search? I was just lazy and thought it wouldnt be a problem for people to throw out sugguestions. Thanks for the ones that did.

Foobar for audio, and Media Player Classic for video ..

iTunes for Music, Quicktime for movies. Realplayer for realplayer movies. WMP for Windows media movies. Or if on a mac, install Flip4Mac.

I've used Winamp for years really, meets all my needs and is relatively light on resources.

Even has a plugin so you can add stuff to your iPod without having to load iTunes :)

X-Istence said:
iTunes for Music, Quicktime for movies. Realplayer for realplayer movies. WMP for Windows media movies. Or if on a mac, install Flip4Mac.

All what he says but you should try VLC player for avi/wmv ... It is pretty good and has a nice, clean appearence. The only thing I would NOT recomend is musicmatch jukebox. Winamp is really great and so is iTunes.

-tc

There are so many choices, cause there are 5 or 6 ones out there that will do what you need, and are great.

i do like VLC player but i would like to see a list of my songs that are going to play. Like if i click to play 30 songs at once i want a list of those songs. VLC doesnt do that. I will check out hte other reccomendations. Thanks

After using WMP11 I would never consider using WMP10. Huge improvements as I said in my first post. The library is much more organized and functional. Syncing with my device is a snap. It's just pretty.

After using WMP11 I would never consider using WMP10. Huge improvements as I said in my first post. The library is much more organized and functional. Syncing with my device is a snap. It's just pretty.

i went with WMP11 and i love it. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back