Tired, Frustrated, Need Help with Video Problems

A

astano

I am having nothing but trouble and problems with my system freezing. I have tried downloading many different drivers for my Asus 32 mb Geforce2 MX pure video card from asus, nividia and other websites. I was wondering where I could find some drivers that will work with my card. Someone suggested to try 21.83 drivers for windows XP pro for my video card since they are good. I have no idea waht version is good and will work. My system freezes and I am sick and tired of it doing this randomly. I get a nv4_disp error, a memory dump, and someting about an infinite loop. Has there been any dirvers released that are newer then this version of drivers and that are verified and certified by microsoft? I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, as I am going to go bald soon, and I am very close to throwing my video card and windwos XP Pro to the garbage. Thankyou very much for any help!

Cheers!
AJ

Windows XP Pro
MSI K7T266 PRO 2 mobo
256 DDR ram
Amd athlon 1800+ XP CPU
Gefore 2 Mx Video card
Maxtor Diamond max plus 45 20 giger and diamond max plus 60 40 giger
Soundblaster Live! Value sound card

I forgot to mention that someone suggested that I format my drive since I upgraded it from windows 2000 Pro and I should do a fresh install of either 2000 Pro again or Windows XP Pro. They told me that I should rip all the hardware out of my system and install it one by one with drivers and rebooting each time. The first thing they said that I should put in is my video card, install my via 4in1 drivers, reboot, install my video drivers, reboot, install via 4in1 drivers again, test it out and then install the rest of the hardware the same way (one by one, not installing via 4in1 anymore) trying to see whatmight cuase my problem. This sounds like a lot of work (I dont really want to do this, but if I have no other choice and is the last resort, then I will do it) and I was wondering if I could just do it by installing video drivers form my video card.

Thanks!

I will attempt what you suggested and then update my situation later.

Cheers!
AJ

Another Problem

I was wondering why is it that if I install my via 4in1 driver along with my video driver (for an MSI K7T266 PRO2 mobo with the above video card) then my agp write (or is it speed) settings are set only to 2x. With my old Asus A7V mobo all I needed to do is install via 4in1 drivers along with my video drivers and the agp write (or speed) settings where set automatically right away to 4x. The only way that I can get the agp settings to 4x is by physically going to my bios and changing it there. Is there any other possible way of having the agp settings set to 4x without having to go physically into the Bios and having to switch the settings in there? Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again!

Cheers!
AJ

Windows XP Pro
MSI K7T266 PRO 2 mobo
256 DDR ram
Amd athlon 1800+ XP CPU
Gefore 2 Mx Video card
Maxtor Diamond max plus 45 20 giger and diamond max plus 60 40 giger
Soundblaster Live! Value sound card

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back