Tips

G

GraLk

XP machines can hibernate, just the same as others, but it isn't available from the default Shut Down dialog. You can enable it easily though, by holding down the SHIFT key while the "Turn off computer" box is visible. PEEK-A-BOO!! :)

No Offense to ya, But tell me something I dont know?

Thats something almost everyone has known since XP first came out in October, and if someone doesnt know about that then they so gotta get out more!:rolleyes: :eek:

Yeah, that's great Dave, but fortunately, or unfortunately, there are still ppl who are just starting out on XP (maybe this is even their first computer!), and so i decided to post that little tip to be helpful. After all, isn't that what this forum is for? Or is it just for experts?...I don't think so. You may know it all, but most other ppl don't, and that includes me. Don't take offence, but that was a bit of a silly comment.

GraLk

Never heard that one. Good tip

Originally posted by GraLk
XP machines can hibernate, just the same as others, but it isn't available from the default Shut Down dialog. You can enable it easily though, by holding down the SHIFT key while the "Turn off computer" box is visible. PEEK-A-BOO!! :)

Daviesbad04, not everyone knows these things. This forum/site was created to pass along information such as this. I am sure there are many XP users who did not know about this tip.

Good tip, keep it up.

i myself have been using xp since october
tweaked it a lot
but i didn't know about this tip

thnx GraLk

:D

I been using XP since 12/7/01 and I didn't know about it. :)

Thanks for the tip.

Hey, its also nice to bump old tips, ,sometimes there are some really cool features that people often forget.

Personally I never hibernate, computer is either on or off :D

I will most likely not use it. But, nice tip. Thanks for posting it. I am sure some will use it. :)

I tried it once, amazing how it keeps your net connections live unlike standby. But, I'm with EP, except mine is always on.

My point exactly....new users/not so new users.....we all need reminding about these tiny tips sometimes. i know that all the time I was using W2K, there were many little things that I forgot about. :)

thx for the support ppl..you know who you are. Negative remarks like that could scare off some people from making useful contributions. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back