Tips & Suggestions 4 Waddy (XP.org owner)

Ci2e

XPert
Do you have an idea that would make XP.org more enjoyable or just easier to navigate?

Well if so post them here...

First things 1st

I would suggest the XP logo on the main pages and every other page linkable to "http://www.xp-erience.org/" that way I can avoid that back button... :D

Can you make the little tick next to the forums a little more different.
I find it hard to tell the difference between "No new posts" and "new posts"

Dark grey and not so dark grey could be replaced by blue ticks for old posts and green ticks for new posts

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Can you make the little tick next to the forums a little more different.
I find it hard to tell the difference between "No new posts" and "new posts"Dark grey and not so dark grey could be replaced by blue ticks for old posts and green ticks for new posts
I have thought that for a while. A little more contrast there. Other than that...nothing. Waddy does a great job!

edit: and more chicks too!;)

A reply button for each article of news on the front page. Many people have comments about a piece of news on the front page, it would be easier to just click reply when they're reading the story.

Waddy still has no idea that this thread exists I'm going to email him :D

ooops I missed this thread, had to take the Comptia network+ exam yesterday so I was out celebrating :)

CiRe : I would suggest the XP logo on the main pages and every other page linkable to "http://www.xp-erience.org/" that way I can avoid that back button

Good idea mate- will do it tonight sometime

Dirk Diggler : Can you make the little tick next to the forums a little more different.
I find it hard to tell the difference between "No new posts" and "new posts"

Yes ill knock something up also tonoght hopefully

xsivforce : :)

Jewelzz : I agree the news commments is very importatnt. We did have a comments system for the front page news system, but the code was very innefficent and was killing the database server when the site is busy.

I am trying to create a new reply (comments) code , and will hopefully have it in soon.

This website is for you guys, not for me, any suggestions to make it better are always welcome.

Note: If you have emailed me and i havent replied, I am trying to catch up with replying to emails people send me, I am not ignoring you. :)

I think you should be able to select a date and be presented with a page which lists all the news items from that day on one page like it does on the main page, (without having to click on each individual article to read it).

Just my thoughts,
Patrick

This may be a big one not sure..but i would like to see the full listing of the most recent forum posts. Currently i will just see like "How to hack the..." TO see the whole thing would be great...or even on mouseover it would list the full text.

Waddy!

I really think a search bar on the main page would do us all a big favor- where you can search anything on the whole site- even a drop down menu to refine the search to a specific area or something- or just show all results... is that possible- or I should say within your power?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back