Tiny Mediabook HD Probs.

G

gameschild

Hard Drive on my Tiny laptop is being seriously weird, takes 10 times to do anything before and full format will crash (even when you use the Recovery Mode on the CD) and cause a "partmgr" blue screen of death. Can manage to do a Quick Format fine but data becomes inaccessale and any attempt to CHKDSK results in: "There are unrecoverable errors on the drive" or something similar and the volume is no longer accessable until you reboot.

SOS. Is the drive dead or just in need of a good format?

Shall i attempt to remove it to Desktop, if so anyone know how?

Here's an easy way to do it, and it's quick.

Use a DOS boot disk and type "debug"

Enter the following commands
PHP:
-F 200 L1000 0 <enter>
-A CS:100 <enter>
xxxx:0100 MOV AX,301 <enter>
xxxx:0103 MOV BX,200 <enter>
xxxx:0106 MOV CX,1 <enter>
xxxx:0109 MOV DX,80 <enter> 

(80 for hd 0 or 81 for hd 1 ) 

xxxx:010C INT 13 <enter>
xxxx:010E INT 20 <enter>
xxxx:0110 <enter>
-g <enter>
Program terminated normally
-q<enter>

There are also utilities supplied by HD manufacturers that do it, but it usually takes HOURS!

I would but Toshiba mk3017gap doesnt come with Utilties and it doesnt have a hard disk drive so bashing in my head here hehe

Hard Drive on my Tiny laptop is being seriously weird
and it doesnt have a hard disk drive

Make up your mind?

I am sure that it must have a HD. Find out what brand it is and go to their website and download the utilities, or use the method I showed earlier.

Sorry meant Floppy Disk drive and the make/model are above and as i said there are no provided utilities for it.

it has a cdrom drive, right? download a utility (ie. from ibm, maxtor, etc) and burn it onto cd and have the laptop boot from it.

these programs let you do a low-level wipe... all 0's. try that.

Did a Low Level Format (all 0's) took like 3 hours!
Run DISKPART then FORMAT in Recovery Console mode and again had a Blue Screen of Death at 0% of the Format, same problem

in that case, i'd have to say the harddrive or controller (mobo) is f'd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back