Tiny FireWall

D

Dallas

Hi, Everytime iI launch a game I get the Black screen of death.
If I have on my Firewall= Tiny=or Zone Alarm ...

Any solutions ?

Try disabling the firewall when you want to play the game.

Black Screen Of Death

When I launch game with my Tiny Firewall, on.
I get blk screen of death ( My screen freezes and.. I have to cntrl alt del to get out ) ? Thus making game crash and I get back to lobby again. Anyone know a good solution?
I want to still be proteceted while I'm playing my Games.

Ty. Dallas

Look for a patch for it at their website if available,

good luck let us know if u find one, or still have problems

:cool:

Turn firewall off when playing a game...save yourself alot of headaches.(unless you are hiding NASA secretss on your pc, chances are no one will try to hack you.)

:cool:

Re

Yeah but I would rather run protection at all times ..
So.... no solutions out there other than turning it off ?

All these smart peeps on these forums . Amd Nothing ? ..lolol

disable tiny + get anouther such as zone alarm or norton.

re

So... If u turn off the fire wall at start of game . Can u alt tab and turn it back on ?
Should that work ?
I haven't tried that...

don't make 2 thread's on same topic!!! stick wid 1.

I've never used Tiny, so I can't give any help on that. Is there a learning mode in it like some other firewalls? I know with ZA Pro, it has a learning mode so for example, I load quake and play online, a window popups up asking for permission to access the internet. I only need to click Yes once and it's saved.

Other than that, maybe search for news groups concerning software security etc... I know grc.com has one.

Tiny is a great little firewall.. I doubt very much it's Tiny causing your problems.. I do a lot of online gamiing and Tiny has only ever asked if the app should be allowed to access the net..

I've had Tiny, Black Ice and ZA running...at the same time when playing online games. Make sure u have the game in a minimized window(not full screen) so u can see the firewall's request to U on wether to allow access to IT.:cool:

Originally posted by onebyside
I've had Tiny, Black Ice and ZA running...at the same time when playing online games. Make sure u have the game in a minimized window(not full screen) so u can see the firewall's request to U on wether to allow access to IT.:cool:

Why not simply let the game.exe gain access to the internet in the settings of the firewall?

This one is free and does the job very well ---> http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

Originally posted by Pastorn

Why not simply let the game.exe gain access to the internet in the settings of the firewall?

This one is free and does the job very well ---> http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

Why not??? I agree ..except the game exe. request for access to internet doesn't always pop up once the game has started with ZoneAlarm, or with Tiny for that matter. The pop up is there asking for permission to IT, but doesn't make it over the game and the comp freeze's.

why aren't you giving the game permant access to your computer?

krom...yes, tiny has a learning curve....it's harder to figure out then other firewalls...that's because it gives you much more information.

it's the smallest firewall I've used yet...well worth the effort

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back