Tiny Firewall 3

S

sickmailer

My God! What A Firewall. I Thought Outpost Was The Best But Tiny Firewall 3 Acts Like A Firewall Cum Mini Anti-Virus/Trojan:p And It Beats Outpost.
The Features It Has Is Fantastic And So Freakin' Easy To Use. Outpost Seems Buggy.
Goodbye Outpost And Hello! Tiny:)

Anyone Who Have Tried Tiny Firewall 3, Please Post Your Comments. Thanks.

Tiny Firewall 3 is okay
zone alarm is okay
sygate is okay
outpost is okay
all these firewalls are, however, if u have a experienced hacker or cracker, trying to get into your system, none of the above or so called "free" firewalls will stop them.

if you don't believe me just read any computer magazine or read the headlines, major corporate sites get hacked everyday. and they have "thousands" invested in security.

these free firewalls will only stop the un-experienced, just strating out, don't know what they are doing, punk kids.

Having said all that, your chances of being hacked are slim, u don't have anything on your computer they want.

IMHO

Could you check if it works with XP ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)?
Agnitum promises ICS compatibility in next release...

TIA,
Wojtek

Tiny Firewall 3 Is Not Free!

Tiny vs Kerio = Tiny
Kerio seems to be the same as Tiny Firewall 2.

Re: It Works With ICS And Tiny Firewall 3 Is Not Free!

Originally posted by sickmailer
Tried with ICS and it worked fine:)
Tiny vs Kerio = Tiny
Kerio seems to be the same as Tiny Firewall 2.

Tried both Kerio and TPF 2. Tried to configure to work with ICS (successful), but I don't like the idea of building firewall rules from the scratch - at least on Windows system.

Thanks,
Wojtek

Tried TPF3.
Jesus, wonderful piece of software.
But still no ICS support - I installed it on ICS gateway computer (XP Home) - no connection from the second computer.
On Kerio/TPF2 I could create a rule that allows communication for 192.168.0.* subnet in both directions. This works, but I really don't want to create complete firewall table (seems that I will have to build NetBSD router sooner or later).

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Wojtek

Originally posted by Iceman38
Tiny Firewall 3 is okay
zone alarm is okay
sygate is okay
outpost is okay
all these firewalls are, however, if u have a experienced hacker or cracker, trying to get into your system, none of the above or so called "free" firewalls will stop them.

if you don't believe me just read any computer magazine or read the headlines, major corporate sites get hacked everyday. and they have "thousands" invested in security.

these free firewalls will only stop the un-experienced, just strating out, don't know what they are doing, punk kids.

Having said all that, your chances of being hacked are slim, u don't have anything on your computer they want.

IMHO
Somebody that knows something. Exactly. These firewalls are no where near "GREAT". It's the most advanced firewall AND UN-userfriendly that is near great. To me these firewalls is like a BlackIce that stops some script kiddie and a user friendly interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back