TimerModule.exe

J

Jahya

Can anyone tell me what TimerModule.exe is? The first time I ever noticed this file was when I got nailed with a flyby dialer. I eliminated the dialer and in the process it was brought to my attention that TimerModule.exe was a suspicious entry in my startup log. Since then I have reformatted b/c I wanted to install SP2 build 1213 on a fresh install of XP Pro. I did so and all is working fine, except last night when I was playing around with the registry I came across an entry for TimerModule.exe in my satartups. I haven't deleted it yet, just renamed it to TimerModule.crap, but I'd really like to know what this file is.

I have run NAV (defs 6/18/03), SwatIt!, and Spybot S & D and none of them found anything out of the ordinary.... If anyone could please tell me what this file is or if it is supposed to be a part of Windows or whatever I'd really appreciate it. :confused:

Where in the registry is it? Post it & we'll have a look at our systems.

Ad-Aware, give that a try. I cant find anything about timermodule.exe on my families XP system and neither on my Win2k.

HKLM\..\Run: [TimerModule] E:\WINDOWS\System32\TimerModule.exe

That's the best I can do for now b/c I'm not @ home. This was taken from a HijackThis! log file from about a week ago. I'm thinking this file may be a leftover from a dialer program that found its way onto my computer called RedLine. This dialer installed a screensaver (called RedLine) and a dialer that tried to access the internet for $6.99 p/min.... sweet eh? Luckily my firewall caught that and blocked it and then I was able to track down Redline in my Prefetch folder and the dialer 9992548.exe and the screensaver RedLine.scr in /WinNT/System32, which is also where TimerModule.exe is located.

I'm mainly just curious, the problem will be solved tonight as I am formatting the drive an moving it and all my other drives to a new computer. Once I get XP reinstalled, I will run HijackThis! again to see if it is there after install.

well, look at this. I really like the fact that broadband doesnt require dialing up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back