timed programs, shut down!

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
Well i have a bit of a problem. i have ALOT of tv episodes on my computer which i watch everynight... and like most ppl i fall asleep infront of it.... and wake up around 5am needing to get out of bed and shut the computer down.

i need some something that can wait till they hav stopped playing and shut down, i use winamp to play them. or atleast something that can eliminate sound, harddrive monitor, anything...

any help appreciated

click start then programs then goto accessories then to system tools and open Scheduled Tasks then just schedule your computer to turn off at 5am or whatever u want it to. you may have to make a shortcut that tells your computer to turn off do a search around the forum on how to do that I know its in here somewhere, ive seen it b4. maybe try the active desktop thread. then when u have a shortcut made put it in your c: drive or somewhere that u wont see it and ur all set.

Here.. try the ShutAmp plugin here: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=121778

Description ripped from the link above:
"ShutAMP is yet-another general purpose plugin for Winamp 2.x which does full system (Windows) shutdown when Winamp reaches the end of playlist during the normal play."

you turn your PC off
ohmy.gif

you could also type in
shutdown /?
in the console to see how to use it, then use that to set the time or how long til you want the PC to shutdown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back