TIME to upgrade... Mobo thoughts?

Awesome Mike! I look forward to photos.

You guys wanna laugh

Mlakrid left me rep "good to know, but I wont be paying that much for my Vid card!"

I left him some "Oh yes you will dish out that cash for the videocard" Jedi Mind Trick :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seems the Jedi Mind Trick still works :lick:

I just picked up an ATI X1950XTX cos I got fed up of waiting and the nvidia drivers being crap lately. I didn't expect to have to swap driver versions to play various different games...

Soon as ATI release the DX10 parrts I'll be looking into getting one. I'm sure my brother wouldn't object to a free 1950 :p

I just picked up an ATI X1950XTX cos I got fed up of waiting and the nvidia drivers being crap lately. I didn't expect to have to swap driver versions to play various different games...

Soon as ATI release the DX10 parrts I'll be looking into getting one. I'm sure my brother wouldn't object to a free 1950 :p

With XP or Vista ? I dont need to change drivers to play games what card did you have and what games were not working?

Nvidia's Vista drivers suck. Period. Period.

both XP and vista.

Games include but not limited to, NWN2, Oblivion, TDU, LOTRO, KOTOR1&2, etc...

Card: 7800GTX

You guys wanna laugh

Mlakrid left me rep "good to know, but I wont be paying that much for my Vid card!"

I left him some "Oh yes you will dish out that cash for the videocard" Jedi Mind Trick :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seems the Jedi Mind Trick still works :lick:

Well, the wife was NOT happy with the cost increase... but I explained how this is an upgrade which should last me for quite some time...

Versus how I would NORMALLY upgrade

So NO it wasnt your Jedi mind tricks! :laugh:

I just looked at the performance versus cost and this seemed the best deal at the moment...

Mike A!

both XP and vista.

Games include but not limited to, NWN2, Oblivion, TDU, LOTRO, KOTOR1&2, etc...

Card: 7800GTX

We run 5 of the 6 titles you named and never had to changes drivers not even one time on 2 different machines , must be user error

I dont get any errors and all our games play fine on 2 different computers , we have more games then most people have applications and we have zero game problems, I dont see any threads about these so called problems ...maybe you can point me to where they are documented.

NWN2: Demanding game from the outset, however when running vista I would get frequent texture corruption that required trying various vista build nvidia drivers to resolve. Now I'm on XP, the 93.71 drivers were fine.

Oblivion: Build 1.2 has an issue causing crashing with nvidia cards using newer drivers.

TDU: The whole range of nvidia cards has issues with some of the tech used in this games engine as described my Atari and emotion themselves.

LOTRO: I personally had to use an older driver for this (92.91 i belive) though I didn't see anyone else with issues My guess was this was a local system issue.

KOTOR1&2 are well documented to have issues with nvidia's opengl drivers despite their many attempts to resolve the issue, requires an opengl dll from the 7x.xx range.

Those and other issues with the 7800 eventually encouraged me I needed a new graphics card from ATI at some point in the future. I had been happy to wait until the dx10 parts arrived but the severe issues with TDU pushed me over the edge so to speak I couldn't see what I was doing due to the explosion of random polygons all over the place and random textures flashing and changing all over the place.

Granted some of these may well have been peculiar to my setup, but with so many issues, especially on nvidia sponsored releases (twimtbp) just degraded my opinion of nvidia's hardware and software interaction.

Granted some of these may well have been peculiar to my setup, but with so many issues, especially on nvidia sponsored releases (twimtbp) just degraded my opinion of nvidia's hardware and software interaction.

THey have degraded alot of peoples opinion of them...

What we as consumers need is another BIG player in the vide card arena...

ATI and NVidia are simply not enough...

What happened to Diamond? I thought they were coming back into the video card scene?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back