Time to MOD!

A

Ace123

http://store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1708_29219014
Heres the case. We need as many ideas as we can shake a stick at. Dont worry if its dumb just post it. We need window ideas fan ideas and any other ideas under the sun. This is OUR perfect case and theres only one way to get there. I have the tools and parts new lets see/hear your ideas.

Ace, how big is that hole in the front? It looks about 120mm so I reckon you put two of these enermax baby's in the front pushing 94cfm each. Then two of these antec blue led 80mm case fans at teh back for exhausts. Yeah, and maybe a top blowhole as well, although not sure what fan for that. You'll probably also want a window kit so we can see the beast inside...

Yeah, put in a side window non full, top left end place a clear plastic fan with blue led lighting in it to cast blue across interior. Also use blue tinted cross view plexiglass so that when the window is viewed at an angle you see everything bluish.

yeah we will be using the front but it had placement for 2 80mm fans. The black front is just like the front of a speaker so maximum air flow can come threw and alot of light maybe to..... hmm lol. anyways the front of the case is polished aluminum and the rest of the case is a dark grey (very cool design) so a blue light will look good as will any other with polished aluminum. i think we've decided we will be using a window and a side fan. But we can use any shape window with any fan combination. See if you can get some ideas on paper. I really wanna see your ideas

ok the case is gonna be here friday at the latest.. its in the mail. whoo hoo i feel good hehehe lets mod it

k.. here's mine :)

after you put the 50 thousand fans and shred the case to bits with windows... buy a massive sound proof box to protect your eardrums from exploding :)

keep noise factor down.. my priority... regardless of the fans and whatever... :) noise must be kept down...

Agree with you there sazar but cooling is still going to be an important factor. Is this comp going to be in your room ace?
Those enermax fans I mentioned earlier are pretty loud at around 58dB at full speed but since they are 120mm and 2300rpm i'm guessing the sound would be a lot more hollow because of the size. Fans are the priority - if you're overclocking. Are you?
Hooray for ace, 100posts. I'll be there soon :p

yeah i wasnt gonna let a vote be cast on an obnoxiously loud fan. This is going to be a display computer (im still gonne play mad games on it) so when people come over to buy a computer from me this is going to be my model so id like to have a quiet overclocked computer lol. Theres alot of fast/quiet fans out there we just have to find them.

well, rounded cables for sure........... but I'd like to see the ones that glow under uv light. They look really cool. I found them a few nights ago here's the link

Also, a couple of these would look cool as well as help quiet some of those fans

go get a gallon of gasoline and torch it for about 5 minutes, then scrape off some of the flakes and eat them, puke it up all over the charred aluminum, then take a wizz on some exposed cable.

that was the worst display of stupidity ive seen in a long time and id apriciate it if you didnt post in my threads any longer

yeah i like those triangulr things they are pretty cool. anyways the uv lighted wires would be cool if we could use them with blue i like that idea.. then we need to get a blue uv light?

i agree, if you haven't got anything good to contribute cwalker please leave.

Yeah, get a blue uv light, with the uv wires. I dont really like those pyramid things but thats just my opinion.

i'll do my best ace - how bout putting an advert in my sig like you? that'll do the trick, you should put a link to the current thread you have going, so people don't have to find it themselves.

Yeah, i like the hurricane fan grill the best, from the second site (the one out of stock :D ). Dont think you should bother getting a hdd cooler, if you want to keep the noise down, it probably isnt the best option and offers no performance gain. Go with the thermaltake volcano 9 with the coolmod, it looks, well, cool :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back