Time out

T

tastingw

I always get time outs while working with XP Prof.
I've got a PIII 700 and 256 mb. That must be enough

Does anyone knows what is happening and can I solve this problem?

Thnx

What do you mean by "time outs"?

Does it send you to your room because you have been bad? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist:)

re:

OK, I probaly deserved that for being not spefied enough.

What I mean is that XP freezes. I can't do nothing but wait till it's over.

Try checking the Event Viewer and see if it will give you any idea of what may be causing a problem.

re:

Well I've checked the event viewer, There's one error that occurs on every boot it's the following

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 12-1-2002
Time: 17:59:37
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

It's the service for burning cd's. I had it disabled because it would improve the speed of Nero

i've already started the service.

An other message is a warning see the following( it's about the plug and play leak in Xp

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 256
Date: 11-1-2002
Time: 14:46:23
Description:
Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "Connections Tray"

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any solutions maybe??

Thnx

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM

Try putting dcom on "manual" in services

K

re:

That problem I solved but not the other one with the plu an paly manager

There was a fix for that on the m$ website. If you dont have it get it. If you do have it. Uninstall it and reapply.

I dont know which long winded number it is to uninstall though. You may have to try potluck and ditch them one by one unless someone knows which it is

re:

thnx I'll take a look

by any chance do you or anyone know which patch it is, couldn't find one

re:

Thnx, I found out what the vent is about. It could be the cause of my problem
This is what M$ wrote:

The following Event ID may appear in the system event log:

Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event ID: 256
Description: Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of ""

MORE INFORMATION
This Event ID indicates that an application that registered to receive Plug and Play device interface notification did not respond within 30 seconds of receiving a notification event. Applications can register to receive Plug and Play device interface notifications. After they are registered, applications receive notification events when an interface of the type they were interested in has been enabled/disabled for use by applications. This timeout is logged in the system event log. This Event ID is merely a warning that the application did not respond, and it can be ignored

Thanx everyone who have replied

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back