Time is not correct.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I set the time options for +1.00 GMT, but when I post something at 13:55 (what I just did), the time is set to 7:55! Can this be fixed, please? (I still don't like the name NTFS.org. Go back to Xp-erience.org! With the new content of course)

Can't go with the name change :p but eventually www.xp-erience.org will redirect here

As for the time zone...

go to to usercp edit options and subtract 6 hours

ie GMT ---> Central USA.

It appears that my time is set to GMT - well, probably British Summer Time (I believe it is called over yonder).

My actual time is GMT - 6 hours - but it is displaying time as minus 6 hours from my time - thus it appears to display GMT.

Although that would not be the case for glaanieboy - his is also 6 hours slow, when he is supposed to be plus one hour????:confused:

well the server was in the uk, now it is is central usa.

I just set mine to GMT (although I am in the central time zone in the states) and my time is now correct!

So it appears ya have to set it for the wrong time zone ( adjusting 6 hours ahead ot make it correct!:p

I had to set it to +7.00 GMT Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta to set it correctly. As for GMT, I thought that was the time set in Greenwich? So a server move shouldn't make any difference.
[edit]
Woah, thought I was living in the past, but it seems that the time has been restored. Thank EP!
[/edit]

It is fixed for anyone who didn't change it!

I rechanged mine and it is working correctly now!:D

I know, I had to change mine 3 times now this morning, I noticed it was wrong before the switch over, but just thought it was me, so I didn't say anything, guess I should have before. my bad.

:cool:

"Does anybody really know what time it is... Does anybody really care.......... about time" :D

I got a piece of tape over the time, I hate lookin at it.
Cause when I do, "Holy Shi*!!! It's WHAT time??!! :p

gonaads.................you haven't gone & stuck sticky tape all over your monitor have you? You naughty naughty boy. :p

well if I don't know the time, how am I supposed to know when my 3am beer is ?

I dunno if this has to do with the posting problem earlier, but the time is again not correct. This time it is set to + 5 hours of the normal time.
Damn, I am nagging about time, do I? I am almost like that bunny in Alice in Wonderland.

BTW What do you think about my sig and avatar :p

I've got the same problem. Logged in today & the site clock is 5 hours slow.

I now live in Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown :rolleyes:

Wonder where I'll live when the clocks change since Arizona doesn't change time.

I'm nor sure what is going on :)

All I can think is that during the time the server problems were occuring in earlier.. even the clock stopped...

The forum settings are correct
and I am guessing your individual settings are correct, so you just need to grin and bare it for the night :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back