time for a new sound card then! but which one?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i'm after a good but reasonable priced card.. i definetly dont have hundreds to splash out on an audigy or something and its not required. I just want a nice card with good sound quality, and which i can record to without stuttering or anything.

can anyone reccomend a good card that doesnt really break the bank, i will be buying this online aswell so a site reccomendation might be good aswell. thanx

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
I use www.newegg.com for all my computer part needs. They have several inexpensive soundcards. The Sound Blaster Live 5.1 for $35 would probably work nicely.

-JJB

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
ugh, not a sb live

how much ya willing to spend?

For under 100, you can get the best consumer card out there: MAudio Revolution 7.1

For half that price check out the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (also sold as the Video Logic Sonic Fury)

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
does 7.1 and 5.1 cards work even if u dont have that sound system i only av a subwoofer and two satelite speakers

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political User
turtle beach is a great card. i have one and i love it. i have the HK 695 speaker system and my music sounds great.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Here, I'll break the pattern and repeat a recommendation:

Turtlebeach

A friend had an audigy and gave up on it. Too much set up hassle, too many features.
We got a turtle beach next and had no problems setting up and loves the sound quality. Good price too.

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
I use the sbLive 5.1 with the Audigy 2 driver tweak. Sounds GReat.....thx coathanger for that info.

i have Audigy sound card and seems ok now but when i first got it had nothing but problems..the thing with creative labs is bad drivers if i knew the drivers sucked that bad would of went with santa cruz heard nothing but good things about that sound card.

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
I just purchased an Audigy 2 ZS -- love it, sound is phenomenal. I've also used Turtle Beach products and they are very nice, too.

Audigy 2 ZS on NewEgg - $89
Turtle Beach - Santa Cruz is $49 and $75, OEM and Retail respectively.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers