Tiger Direct And Cancelling Orders

FalseIdeasOfLove

Life In A Hospital
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever gone through Tiger Direct before and had to cancel an order? Or any online store, for that matter. Tonight I borrowed my Dad's credit card (paypal echeck's take too long) and I ordered a Plextor CD-RW off of Tiger Direct. Before I figured the order went through (which I found out later that my paypal order had) I decided to just use TD's credit card order form and went through with that. Noticing my name on the bill rather than my dad's I decided to hit the back button (while on the order information page) I changed the name to my dad's and went from there. I checked my email a few minutes later and noticed 3 order processing emails from Tiger Direct. It turned out that the paypal order had gone through, the order with my name had gone through and then the final order with my dad's name had also gone through. In the end I ended up ordering 3 cd burners while only wanting one. I really hope that Tiger Direct can cancel my order.

I called their 1-800 number and it turns out they're closed until Monday, does anyone think shipments will be processed before then?

Anyone with any inciteful information would really relieve my current state of stress, I really don't want to have to pay for 3 cd burners!

Thanks!

You will prob get all 3, they usally ship out pretty fast, if you get them call them and request a return tag, usally a company will send you one.

The thing is, they aren't open until Monday, or so they say via the telephone. I would love to return 2 of them, if I do receive 3 but it says that there is not return available on this item.

Moved Thread to Green Room

That's very strange that you placed an order on Wednesday, and they aren't open again until Monday.

Are you sure you have that right?

I would look in the e-mail they sent you, perhaps there is additional contact information, such as another phone number or an e-mail address you can use. Alternatively, sometimes if you "login" to the site that you purchased from, you can manage, and in this case, cancel your order(s).

He'd be much better off RMA'ing the stuff if he can't cancel before they ship. If he puts them on eBay, he would have to pay eBay Listing and Final Value fees, plus PayPal fees.

kcnychief said:
Moved Thread to Green Room

That's very strange that you placed an order on Wednesday, and they aren't open again until Monday.

Are you sure you have that right?

I would look in the e-mail they sent you, perhaps there is additional contact information, such as another phone number or an e-mail address you can use. Alternatively, sometimes if you "login" to the site that you purchased from, you can manage, and in this case, cancel your order(s).

I was quite surprised that they weren't open until Monday as well. I will try calling tomorrow morning for sure.

The only thing I have to go off of is their phone operater, which in this case seems to be an automatic message when I press the corresponding numbers.

I have checked over the email as well as the site and 1-800-800-8300 is the only phone number listed. I will try sending an email, but I figure nothing will happen through that. I checked around my account as well as the order status pages and there is nothing to cancel an order.

I hope that the automated message is wrong and I can get a hold of them by tomorrow. Do you think that the order will go out before Monday however?

technokid88 said:
888-335-4062 call this tigerdirect phone number.

I live in Canada, when I dialed that number it said I can't reach that number from the area I am calling from.

technokid88 said:
888-771-9999 for the tigerdirect.ca

Same message as the 1-800. Closed until Monday. Once again, I really hope it isn't true and I still have time to cancel these orders. If I cancel through the credit card company what kind of trouble will I have to go through to do that?

not sure what will happen, but you can let them know what happend, and ask them what you should do.

I have dealt with Tiger Direct on more than one occassion. Their customer support has been very good so far.

xsivforce said:
I have dealt with Tiger Direct on more than one occassion. Their customer support has been very good so far.

Do you think my chances of only receiving one cd-rw drive is good then?

no you will get all three, just explain the situation and they will give you an rma for the 2, they are good like that.

how much did you pay for them?

Hey, the email that I sent was answered and two orders were cancelled. Boy, is that a load off my shoulders.

Lancer: I paid $63.00, then the shipping and tax. Ended up being $88. It's extremely hard to find Plextor around here though so to me it was well worth it.

I have been a fan of TD for a few years. Glad to hear it worked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back