Tiger and cordless keyboard

Xie

- geek -
So I noticed that since upgrading to Tiger upon boot up it prompts me telling me it doesn't know what kind of keyboard. I have to push the letter beside both shift keys and then all is good. It just seems odd this is happening as this keyboard never had such an issue with Panther. Not a huge issue (have only seen it twice - reboot after installing Tiger and reboot tonight to install KVM).

Are you using an Apple keyboard? If not, did you install updated software for it?

muzikool said:
Are you using an Apple keyboard? If not, did you install updated software for it?
Nope and nope. :) I never ran the software crap from Logitech on my XP box either.

I have the Logitech MX700 cordless mouse with its software installed and it functions better than without. It's something that might be worth a shot. You can always remove it if it gives you trouble.

muzikool said:
I have the Logitech MX700 cordless mouse with its software installed and it functions better than without. It's something that might be worth a shot. You can always remove it if it gives you trouble.
Perhaps I'll give it a shot. I don't really reboot much so if thats the only time I have to deal with it I can probably handle it. :) I just don't get why it would be fine under Panther and not Tiger. Also I'm not sure I want all that keybinding crap that the Logitech drivers are going to add to my keyboard. :(

Don't do it :p. Try plugging it into a different port. Also wait till the 10.4.1 Mac OS X update is available.

I agree about the update... may as well wait since it's coming soon.

X-Istence said:
Don't do it :p. Try plugging it into a different port. Also wait till the 10.4.1 Mac OS X update is available.
Doubt moving it to the other would do anything anyhoo. It really isn't much of a bother was just wondering if anyone else had seen this is all. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back