TIE Fighter 95

N

Nick718

The issue I'm having is with the TIE Fighter 95 cd, fromt he X-Wing Collectors series. THe game was built to run on Win 95, but It ran fine with my setup when I had win 98. Now it won't run at all in regular XP mode, it encounters an error. If I run it in 95 or 98 compatability mode, it gives me the error "joystick not plugged in", and says it can't run the game because the game needs a joystick. My stick is plugged in, calibrated, and it ays "OK", not only that but it works for every other game i use it for. So any ideas on how to get this thing working? Any help would be great.
Thanks all.

Well, the only TIE Fighter patch I found there was a mission patch that does nothing for my problem. If you could be a bit more specific, I'm not sure where else on teh site there would be one?

Yeah, had a look myself.

Makes me wonder if it is a Microsoft issue that games run in compatibility mode won't have proper directx support (hence your joystick won't work)
If it is, then I am sure MS would love to fix it.

X-Wing is an old game, but a classic ;)

Indeed the series is classic. Would you be able to suggest any ways to get in contact with MS Tech without having to pay through my ass? I know theyre tech support line is an expensve investment......

First we would have to check that this error happens with all other old dos games, I suppose.

Thats the thing though, this is not a DOS game. There is a DOS version of the game, but this game was remade for Windows 95 and packaged with the originoal X-Wing which was also remade, it was called "The X-Wing Collectors Edition" If you look on the LEC support page, it lists two separate games "TIE Fighter" and "TIE Fighter (X-Wing Collectors Edition). There is no DOS involved, in gameplay or installation.

Oops, thats what I mean't.
Games that have to be run in compatibility mode basically.

Some games that run in Windows95 won't run on the newer operating systems, its just the way that is, I am not even sure if Microsoft support Windows95 anymore.

What I want to finf out if compatibilty mode, has issues with DirectX ?

Well, it looks like there is an issue here, but I don't know how we could figure out if its an issue with any other games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back