Tidy Start Menu

This is already an option in the Taskbar and Start Menu properties.

Right-click taskbar > Properties > Start menu tab > Customize... button > Advanced tab > Start menu items list > tick box that says Scroll Programs.

You don't need that to get the effect they state. I have mine like that. I didn't pay for a program either ..

Good to know of other ways to do it, still a neat program though :)

yeah, if you like wasting your money on useless things lol ..

Try navigating to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

and clean it up that way :p

I hate large menus, looks so disorganized. I have submenus (Multimedia, Utilities, Compression) to organize my start menu.

Admiral Michael said:
Try navigating to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

and clean it up that way :p

I hate large menus, looks so disorganized. I have submenus (Multimedia, Utilities, Compression) to organize my start menu.
I'm aware of that, but I was more looking to put in the scroll feature instead of cascading :)

Who the hell has that many programs installed?

start-menu.png

That's nothing, I've seen people with 8-10 cascading sheets :s

You have to remember some people used Windows 2000 for years, and then did an upgrade path installation to XP. After time, those programs pile up. I am NOT saying that is a good way to go, but some people have gone that path....

wwwdjrcs said:
That's nothing, I've seen people with 8-10 cascading sheets :s

You have to remember some people used Windows 2000 for years, and then did an upgrade path installation to XP. After time, those programs pile up. I am NOT saying that is a good way to go, but some people have gone that path....

Those two menu items dangling on their own would annoy me! all that white space! Now this is tidy:

untitled.jpg

Heh. I create my own subfolders, I always have.

I then move apps (i.e. all media apps are moved to a convenient folder calls Media Apps, games to a Games folder etc. ) and this reduces the number of folders on any given cascade list to about 10 items or so.

It keeps things nice and clean. I can't tolerate anything with 20 items or more. It's too messy and too time consuming.

Ya I make my own folders and subfolders too.

Pluto - You could tidy that up even further with a folder named Utilities then move things like CCleaner, Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc. into it.

Just a thought....

I have subfolders by manufacturer. i.e. Adobe, Microsoft, Nero
An accessories folder.
A games folder.
And of course, a startup folder.
And lastly, a tools folder.

pluto said:
Those two menu items dangling on their own would annoy me! all that white space! Now this is tidy:

untitled.jpg

You call that tidy....I have 5 folders showing, and then expanded with things in it.

I have four folders. They are:
  • Accessories
  • Games
  • Installs
  • Startup
Looks nice to me. I also don't have that much installed, so, I don't have so many cascade sheets.

I have Accessories, ATI Media Center, Games, Media Apps and Apps.

Thats is.

Here's mine:

Im also pretty strict about any folders on the root of C:\ besides Documents and Settings, Program Files and Windows.

Attachments

• startmenu.JPG
    startmenu.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 71
I am like that also Admiral. I hate to have folders in the c: folder. If they have to go to the c: folder, I move them to the documents folder ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back