tiberium wars Crashing

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
Ok have been going over the net looking for answers and also now checking here for them.

C&C tiberium wars, latest patch installed as well. i can play the game for about 20 min then it will crash. it was a Virtual error before so i increased my VM for XP.

now that its done. i got a dx3d error ingame ERROR, so i then updated my video drivers.

now same 20 min later, new error, out of memory. yet when it comes up vm is only at 1.2gb usage, system memory is only 1.8 out of 3gb usage.

not sure where else to go from here

i am using htis on my lenovo laptop
t60 type 2007 73U
intel centrino duo 2.0gz
3gbddr 667.
ATI x1400 512 not shared. 512 deticated.

anyone offer some ideas?
xp is upto date.
direct X is up to date.
no bois or hardware updates left

I had a problem with C&C3, and most other games, crashing about 5-15 minutes in. Vista said something about a display driver failure or unexpected error. Turned out my video card, ati X1900, was getting very hot, i installed atitool, turned up the fan speed, and it solved my problem.
Dont know if yours is like that or not.

vista drivers don't (or didn't) do thermal mangement on the video cards as they did on XP. There's usually a seperate service to manage that in vista.

Check the game folder for a crash log of any sort. May be more helpful in terms of error detail.

from what i can tell since its an onboard GPU for the laptop. it is hitting 85c. i have a utility to specify my fan speed since lenovo deems being quiet is better than cool LOL.

i have it set as high as i can for when i play my games. but it still does it.

i am running XP right now. friend is fine and hes on vista for the same laptop so im going to image his drive and test it. that way if its hardware it should still die.

i would rather use XP on thos laptop tho

ok so i dont understand this that much but i have it working.

when i use the restore disks with vista ultimate it still crashes with a BSOD and no error.

But.... yes not wanted here on OSNN. when i downloaded a pirated version of vista ultimate and use it. it works.
DX versions and drivers are the same so im not sure what is going on. at least its working now.

could be something on the recovery discs from the laptop manufacture, and when you say you use updated drivers do you go to laptop site or ati/nvidia, i know sometimes OEMs change a few things in their driver packages, dell being the worst ones, in a way forcing you to use theirs

both times i went to lenovos site. i am unable to install the ATI ones without changing the install INI.

and have you updated all the drivers from that site ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back