Ti4200 8X

L

law107

We are running XP Pro with the ASUS Ti4200 8X where the chip set (4.00) is interfering with Outlook. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to correct it?

thats odd... the video card should not mess around with outlook..

if it is.. you can try using different drivers or reinstalling drivers for your video card.

please do post the error message as well so we have an inkling of whats going on...

there isn't an error message. What it does is hang-up the email where i have to exit and re-enter so I can get the incoming mail. Also when it hangs up, I can't forward email. When I reboot or shut down the entire computer hangs up asking me to save "Outlook" information.
When the card is remove there are no problems.

Originally posted by law107
there isn't an error message. What it does is hang-up the email where i have to exit and re-enter so I can get the incoming mail. Also when it hangs up, I can't forward email. When I reboot or shut down the entire computer hangs up asking me to save "Outlook" information.
When the card is remove there are no problems.

oh.. ok... it may be an IRC conflict..

each of your ports... pci and agp has an interupt...

consider moving your dial up modem (I presume you have dialup) to another pci slot and try that out...

it usually works...

The workstation operates on broadband but there is an internal modem for a fax.
is that any help??
Are you a factory rep?

The workstation operates on broadband but there is an internal modem for a fax.
is that any help??
Are you a factory rep?

no not a factory rep :)

its a known issue with setups... it happens with sound cards/modems normally in conjunction with your agp card...

if at all possible.. i would recommend moving a pci card from one slot to the next...

if it is a fixed device... consider playing around with your settings in your bios and see if that clears up the issue... there should be a setting that allows you to configure your pci settings or your modem settings...

otherwise consider disabling onboard modem and install a pci modem (they are very cheap right now) and see if this alleviates the issue...

the only thing is normally with an IRQ issue... you will get an error message... it will be a bsod with an irq_less_than_or_equal_to message...

hmm... play around with some settings first... prefereably through your bios... and see if there are any conflicts...

I am almost sure this is why you are having problems..

Thank you for your time on this matter. We will pull it out in the morning.

Thank you for your time on this matter. We will pull it out in the morning.

np...

hope you guys can get it working properly...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back