Ti Or cheap FX?

F

Feedo

Hey guys,
anyone has an idea of which is better?
GeForce4 ti4600 128MB 4x AGP
or Geforce FX 5200 128MB 8x AGP ?
My cousin wants to upgrade from a 32MB radeon 7000.

Thanks

try to get a DX9 card. That would be the FX or any or the Radeons from 9000 up

unless you are going to go high end FX or radeon get the g4ti the higher end DX 9 cards are barely worth the money and the 5200 is not worth it

personaly i would go with the TI, i have seen better results with the TI, dx9 compatibility is not a big thing right now but it wold be usefull to have for the future, but if u want a good DX9 card go with ATI

Definitely the ti4600, that card will kick the 5200's arse. The 5200's suck pretty bad, you could say they're the new 'mx' cards.

I'd stick with the TI (especially, since it's a 4600) unless of course you decide to put a 9700 - 9800 PRO inside.

Snook out-

SnookBooger, can you re-size your signature image please. The guidelines state that signature images should be no larger than 75kb, yours is currently 869Kb.

Thanx people,
i guess he's going with the TI , he is upgrading againt when doom 3 comes out anyway.

Originally posted by Geffy
try to get a DX9 card. That would be the FX or any or the Radeons from 9000 up

nooo... only radeon 9500 up are dx9 :)

Originally posted by Feedo
Hey guys,
anyone has an idea of which is better?
GeForce4 ti4600 128MB 4x AGP
or Geforce FX 5200 128MB 8x AGP ?
My cousin wants to upgrade from a 32MB radeon 7000.

Thanks

the 4600 is a lot better than the 5200 :)

might not get some effects but it will play faster at higher resolutions.. :D

as for doom3... it is essentially a dx7 level game... so I am not sure your friend will miss out on too many effects... naturally the newer cards will be more efficient and have some new kewl stuff to run the shadows and bump-mapping effects better/faster.. and render some of the other effects while the 4600 can't... BUT... doom3 may still be almost a year away from the looks of it.. :)

also... agp 4x-8x == almost negligible difference in real world performance...

Thanks Sazar, that was very useful, i'm actually using Ti4600 at the moment and it's working very well with all the games around at the moment.

Originally posted by Feedo
Thanks Sazar, that was very useful, i'm actually using Ti4600 at the moment and it's working very well with all the games around at the moment.

kewl... yah.. save the pennies and buy later in the year/early next year when the new stuff comes out.. if it catches your fancy :)

btw... seeing as you have some stock hsf modding of your video cards cooler going on... perhaps you want to drop some pearls of wisdom in this thread

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37262

and help out someone else looking for a little cooling advice ?

cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back