ti 4200 just went.. help

K

Kucoloco

hi, ive had a PNY gforce ti 4200 for quite a while. got it when it first came out. the card just went... and i cant stand to be without a video card. ( i just gotta game!)

anyhow.. i wanna know what you guys think. i can simply just replace the card with one of the same ones. since is pretty cheap online. or i can buy one of those new

PNY GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP (ranges between $100-$150 depending which one i get) or perhaps a radeon card?.. but i dont know too much about those radeon cards, or which one would be good for about that money.

so.. think i should replace the card with one of the same ones, try something different?? help me decide.

hit me back. please.

Originally posted by Kucoloco
hi, ive had a PNY gforce ti 4200 for quite a while. got it when it first came out. the card just went... and i cant stand to be without a video card. ( i just gotta game!)

anyhow.. i wanna know what you guys think. i can simply just replace the card with one of the same ones. since is pretty cheap online. or i can buy one of those new

PNY GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP (ranges between $100-$150 depending which one i get) or perhaps a radeon card?.. but i dont know too much about those radeon cards, or which one would be good for about that money.

so.. think i should replace the card with one of the same ones, try something different?? help me decide.

hit me back. please.

the gf fx 5200 is slower than your card... not worth getting if you are used to the performance of your 4200...

I recommend looking @ nvidia 5600ultra or ati 9600pro cards and higher if you wish to get a card with better performance than yours while giving dx9 functionality...

both will run you a little more than the market price of your product...

thanks Sazar

thanks Sazar!

any other recomendations? perhaps on radeons? (which im not too familiar with?) or should i just stick with Nvidia ?

thanks again

if you go nvidia, get another 4200-8x 128mb (agp8x version has default higher clocks) for cheap or, if you got some cash, a 5600ultra or 5900. stay away from the 5800 as it's a power hog, doesn't oc well, and runs quite hot. the 5900 has a revised core so those issues were fixed.

if you want to go ati, go for a 9700pro.

also, pny isn't known as a high-quality brand. gainward, asus, albatron, chaintech, leadtek, gigabyte and possibly abit and msi are good brands. their cards will likely last longer than half a year.

Y dont you return the card you have and get it repaired? Pny doesnt have any kind of warrenty? I only say this because I have a ti4600 at Visiontek right now for hte same reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back