account-settings-newPC.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 94
  • outgoing-newPC.jpg
    outgoing-newPC.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 105
  • server-settings-newPC.jpg
    server-settings-newPC.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 94
Well I think the problem is in your primary account. If you look at your primary account settings on the new PC it shows Jewelzz@blahblah.com@mj...

(See first attachment)

Soooo, basically everything after blahblah.com should not be there (the @mj...). So when the info for your SMTP sever was setup it copied over that info as the user info and that could be why you can't send anything. Unless I am missing something because it's not that way on the old PC.

Example:

joeshmoe@hairyass.com is your account name but it is listed (like in the new PC info) as joeshmoe@hairyass.com@hairyass.com. It won't work. Plus that is not the way it is listed on the old PC.

On your old PC you have Jewelzz@blahblah.net not .com

You main account is the .net account on your old PC. It's the top most one on the list.

(See second attachment)

Your main account on the new PC is the .com account. That one is the top most on that list. The .net account has become second.

(See first aatachment again)

So your settings are not the same.

The dual core thing could play into this also, but set every setting exactly the same first. Take screen shoots of each account piece by piece. Print them out and then sit in front of the new PC and check all settings. I know that you don't have the same amount of accounts on the new one but the primary account is still there and they are not the same.

The main/default account is always listed as the top most one in that e-mail accounts list.

Attachments

• NewPC-Primary-Default_server-settings.jpg
    NewPC-Primary-Default_server-settings.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Old Primary-DefaultAccount_server-settings.jpg
    Old Primary-DefaultAccount_server-settings.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Hah, nice hand drawn directions :p

I think you've nailed it.

:p Gonaads, those pictures are amazingly accurate and technical :p

Shouldn't matter which account is primary. With the dll I downloaded, things are working fine. Thanks for the help :)

Jewelzz said:
Shouldn't matter which account is primary. With the dll I downloaded, things are working fine. Thanks for the help :)

Glad ya fixed it.

Hipster Doofus said:
I just have to say this>

gonaads, you've come a long way. :p :D

Ummmmmm, thanks? :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back