Three Great Ant Spy Programs

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
First, install xp anti spy

this program turns off all of the ms phone home activities...small and excellent little ditty...you will love this little program

next, install spyware blaster

this is my favorite anti spy program.

there is no scanning with this program!!!...that's right!!!!

you just check off all of the spyware entries in it's reflist, and it preempts the registry against spyware...without a scan...this is sweet

then, there is spybot

this program is very inclusive, and in it's scan, will include some folders that belong in programs, but might present security risks.

very informative program, and this is probably the most powerful of all of these programs

and then of course, you must download the latest adaware

this is the father of antispy programs...it's a marvelous program that will scan your registry and folders for spyware...very fast, very nice

all of these programs are free, and all are excellent

my favorites are the anti spy, and the spyware blaser...these programs are marvelous in their simplicity, and in their ingenious approach to this issue.

never the less, I use all of these...everybody who frequents the internet should

hey dealer - ya got an English version of xp anti-spy??

Niche sprecken duetch- or whatever I was supposed to learn in High School - many, many years ago!;) ;)

<edit - never mind I found the "translate to English" link>

dealer - I edited above response - I go it - now what?

Is it running all the time or what? To start with I left the default setting is that correct? Couldn't find much out in the FAQ other than check it every once in awhile to make sure the settings have not changed!

just set it, let it turn off whatever you want, and then it's finnished

you can uninstall it, or leave it in till you want to make other changes

Originally posted by dealer
First, install xp anti spy

this program turns off all of the ms phone home activities...small and excellent little ditty...you will love this little program

next, install spyware blaster

this is my favorite anti spy program.

there is no scanning with this program!!!...that's right!!!!

you just check off all of the spyware entries in it's reflist, and it preempts the registry against spyware...without a scan...this is sweet

then, there is spybot

this program is very inclusive, and in it's scan, will include some folders that belong in programs, but might present security risks.

very informative program, and this is probably the most powerful of all of these programs

and then of course, you must download the latest adaware

this is the father of antispy programs...it's a marvelous program that will scan your registry and folders for spyware...very fast, very nice

all of these programs are free, and all are excellent

my favorites are the anti spy, and the spyware blaser...these programs are marvelous in their simplicity, and in their ingenious approach to this issue.

never the less, I use all of these...everybody who frequents the internet should
can i install spywareblaster alone on AOL's browser?

what's so bad about MSN update's!?! they are simply patche's. correct me if i'm wrong.

thank's

Supposidly it will be available 'at the beginning of Feb.'

so; any day now is a good bet

first, to answer a few questions;

yes, all of these programs are stand alone...anyone can install any and all of these anti spy programs...free.

next question, there is nothing wrong with msn updates.

what xp antispy does, is it keeps your computor from looking for the updates on it's own.

there is nothing wrong, (at the moment) with xp looking for updates...but for bandwidths sake, I like to get the information on my own, so I don't want the computer looking for me.

And now, I'm going to add to the original post, another program.

win patrol is another excellant addition to this list.

this program has real time monitoring of your registry, and will make you acknowledge any start up program installations while you are on the internet.

wow

talk about realtime virus and malicous script protection, this is it.

now, I want everyone to know that the pro version of adaware also has this feature, which the free version does not.

with the pro adaware, you probably don;t want to install win patrol

dealer - I saw win patrol mentioned somewhere else and was woindering about - thanks for the info - I'll be installing it later this weekend!

Thanks Dealer! I've been looking for something like that, got it and installed it last night.:cool:

Ok, here's a great internet program...net run...not neccessarily for security, but can be used for your security programs

this program will launch whatever programs you want when it recognizes an internet connection.

this is nice, so you don't have to launch your firewall, anti virus, ad watch, win patrol when you boot.

now, whe you use this program, you just drag your programs of choice right into the list.

you also should set the programs to launch staggered, so you don't bottleneck

also, with this cute program, you can set the programs to close when you loose your connection...this is nice....free up some resources without having to click yourself

I let the program launch my av, my firewall, my cliptrack, my adwatch, and my little doggy, my fastnet 99.

you might want to let it also launch your mail client, or your mail washer.

cute

you know, maybe we'll turn this thread into a great free internet programs thread.

gonna add mail washer

this is an unbelieveable anti spam prorgram for your mail...get the beta...plenti stable with more features.

hey guys, I don't have time now, but you might as well start adding free firewalls, mail clients, and other internet programs, like fastnet 99.

NO ADWARE PROGRAMS ALLOWED...NAGWARE IS FINE...mailwasher is nagware...I don't want to see incredimail, or eudora type programs on this list.

HAVE AT IT

I'd like to see some of the members get the links to all the firewalls up

kirio

sygate

za

also the free avs would be nice...the pop up blockers, the download managers...all that...cool

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back