Fixed Thread Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
Think you need to turn 1st post moderator validation on again to stop all the spam threads? :dead:

A system is in place and believe it or not is working very well, you should see the stuff that you don't get to see :eek:

Why does the system catch some but not all 1st post wonders?

What I did was install a mod from vbulletin.org that blocks all attempts to post url's/images for the first 15 posts and modified it to apply to only the first post.
Worked a treat beating autobot spam.
The inbuilt filtering was pretty poor for us.

What I did was install a mod from vbulletin.org that blocks all attempts to post url's/images for the first 15 posts and modified it to apply to only the first post.
Worked a treat beating autobot spam.
The inbuilt filtering was pretty poor for us.
I think 5 posts should do a better job, one post isn't enough because they always post in 3 to five differant areas

I think five is good also ... I am tired of the spam ...

1 post is enough, the bots so far cant handle the error that it gives them so they assume it was successful I think. Because they keep trying to post a link as their first post they keep getting blocked thus not getting through because they never successfuly make a first post. A person can beat it though.

Got yet another new system in place to try and get on top of it, will see how it plays out.

does it involved bribing them with cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back