Fixed Thread Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I did was install a mod from vbulletin.org that blocks all attempts to post url's/images for the first 15 posts and modified it to apply to only the first post.
Worked a treat beating autobot spam.
The inbuilt filtering was pretty poor for us.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
What I did was install a mod from vbulletin.org that blocks all attempts to post url's/images for the first 15 posts and modified it to apply to only the first post.
Worked a treat beating autobot spam.
The inbuilt filtering was pretty poor for us.
I think 5 posts should do a better job, one post isn't enough because they always post in 3 to five differant areas

1 post is enough, the bots so far cant handle the error that it gives them so they assume it was successful I think. Because they keep trying to post a link as their first post they keep getting blocked thus not getting through because they never successfuly make a first post. A person can beat it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut