Thoughts please?

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
My nephew bought this box about 6 or 8 months ago:
Link

I know why would he do that!!! Good question.. :) Oh well,

Now he want to upgrade the graphics card on it so I'm thinking of installing this card:
Link

I can get it for around $100 cdn.

Ideas please?

Well, you appear to have a pci-e x16 graphics slot. Your only concern should be if the power supply will be powerful enough and if there is enough room in the chassis to support an upgrade.

If you can grab a 4770 graphics card for that price, you'll be peachy as well. Much more powerful than the 2 you have listed and about $100 bucks.

I have a cap as to how much we can spend as the ram and the hard drive will also be upgraded. The psu is only like 300w... I'll be upgrading that also, I hope that a 400w psu will do it. The card you mention isn't available @ the local supply store, I can get a 4670 and a 4830 with a small price increase, but those are my only other options. Unless I go to something different completely like nvidia.

In that price range, your best performance option will likely be AMD with that power envelope.

You can get a slightly better Nvidia card but it will exceed the power setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back