Thoughts on Wacom Tablets?

_ronin

OSNN Addict
Hard to believe a site as dedicated to graphics such as this (themes, wallpapers, misc. visual mods, etc) has had no discussions on tablets. That or the migration hasn't completed.

I'm itching to buy one from Wacom who I gather make the most used tablets, consumer and commercial? They do have some really low-budgeted models. Is there a great difference in the Graphire vs Intuos series? The Cintiq (sp?) line is gorgeous, but that's just expensive as all hell.

Comments are appreciated.

P

PseudoKiller

talk about critical. if I could afford a wacom I would have one now. hopefully in the next month or so I will have one.

_ronin

OSNN Addict
What model do you plan on splurging on? I would honestly love to have a 12x12 Intuous; and be in debt for the next year.

Just inquired about a 4x5 Graphire3 which are $125 CND, so I'm sitting on the fence as to whether or not I should get it or wait til I've saved up for a Intuous/Cintiq.

/salivate

P

PseudoKiller

I can get the $200 one for $150ish since I am a student. It seems to be the best thing for graphics. Especially the Intuos2 4 x 5 ... yummy.

_ronin

OSNN Addict
Decided to pick up the Graphire3. I''ll upgrade my hardware when I've gain experience -- it'll give me incentive to practice more.

Note: the pen feels extremely ackward at first. This may be because I haven't drawn anything in awhile using a pen/pencil.

P

PseudoKiller

nice... now I have to keep up with the Jone's ... must order one. Today. Must Must Must. /me goes searching

ming

OSNN Advanced
I had a Wacom tablet for Windows 98/ME. Found it difficult to get used to because the sensor is very sensitive to the movements of the pen. Also, you need to hold the pen at 90 degrees to the tablet in order to get enough accuracy in what you are doing (i.e. drawing) otherwise the cursor moves out of position.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molliewhite