• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thoughts on Norton AV 2003

well, I just reformatted..(again..LOL) and figured I'd give NAv 2003 a go. But I found out that the IM feature is kinda annoying,cuz when it is enabled Norton signs in on the service at startup. And I have windows messenger to NOT load at startup, so when I then start windows messenger I get a message that I got signed off cuz another media have already signed on.

AM I missing something here, or do I have to have msn load at startup also? :confused:

Another annoying thing is that eventhough msn is not running, the email alert pops up whenever I recieve a message. And I guess everybody knows how irritating that is when in the middle of a game. So the only solution I found is to disable this feature in Norton AV.
Any other ideas?...anyone...?

B

bhxtyrant

hmm i havent had any of the problems you had although i had a worse problem.i got NAV2003 and before i had 2002 which worked fine after installing 2003 all hell broke lose and it kept saying e-mail scanning and other things had error next to them after uninstalling reinstalling 5 times i decided to reinstall 2002 and then i had the same problem with 2002.then after hours of reformating reinstalling still the same problem i took the software back to the store and exchanged it for NAV pro 2003 luckily i installed it and its been working ever since

Yes, that is what I have done...but the IM feature was the major reason for me to run 2003. Oh well, u can't have it all I guess..lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix