This is so cool - can you read it?

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Got this in an e-mail from my dad. It's pretty neat.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Cool, huh?

As a cixelsid person, I was aware of this. When I was diagnosed with dislexia in grade 12, I went to a bunch of workshops, one of which covered this topic. Before the workshops I could only read about 5-6 pages per hour, now I'm able to top 30 pages per hour. It's all about the first and last letters. This of course does not help with the writing aspect, but that is another story!

It's funny cos most students would call it Uinervtisy

anytime i read that stuff it makes my head hurt.... i need words to be spelled out close to correct in order to have any idea what is going on

I think anyone who has spent years online has developed error correction. :)

this is very old, but yes very interesting. When i was at college i thought i would be a smart ass with one of my papers and wrote a 5000 word report just like that above. Obviously it took a hell of alot of time, but i passed it! They did say though that i had to rewrite it properly to enter it into my portfolio :p

Yeah, thats pretty old hat. Still interesting though, i can read that without any problems, in fact i didn't notice it was wrong until i wondered what the point was :)

LordOfLA said:
senpd fvie yreas wtih icr and you get the gsit of tnhigs :D

i dont think it works with acronyms though - the only word i had to think about there was icr :)

It's neat. Your eyes lie to your mind - and your mind sees right through it. Processes the words, not the letters.

Un4gIvEn1 said:
I think anyone who has spent years online has developed error correction. :)
yea that's an amazing thing i did notice it before but never really paid attention to it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back