this is not my help!!!!

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
ok....i am taking out a secondary HDD from a my bad...(stupid motherboard) and trying to put it in my other pc. its set as slave but my computer wont read it

i look computer mangae and it there but saying dynamic unreadable....wtf is going on with this???

I'm guessing that the drive has been made into a dynamic disk which as far as I know, can't be read in win95-winxp home edition. Might be wrong about xp home.

Dynamic disk is a software version of RAID apparently. I was thinking about trying it out on my machine until some nice person told me it's a software RAID. I'm staying away from RAID (and dynamic disks) coz it won't benefit me. :)

great....im running XP pro but it wont read the disk. how can i get it to read? its not that hard.....

good article but its a slave drive. meaning drive 2. its a file drive....holds all my ****.

after meesing with it last night, im getting no post with nothing plugged in. actually the CPU fan wont come on with the memory out. thought that was weird. bubt the lights came on in the front of the case....oh well doing an RMA on the motherboard.

btw i appreciate all the help. thanks guys!

well when you do get the computer back up, try using fdisk in msdos, delete the partition (if you don't want whats on the disk), hopefully then msdos will see the disk as a raw drive and then just format it. could work, could not, but worth a try.

And in future, please make your topics:
a) relevent
b) make sense

:)

Electronic Punk said:
a) relevent
b) make sense

If the US Congress doesn't have to follow those rules why should we. This is discrimination against techies!

Well neither is our government if we all stop and think about it...

Where have any of you seen where it says in our constitution that we have to pay taxes? It doesnt, taxes were inacted to pay for the wars our country faced very early on in our existence... We do have need for them don't get me wrong, Im just saying that we probably dont need nearly as much as we have now to support our military...

I served for 9 years (90-99) in the US Navy... somehow some way, our government needs to evaluate and fix our taxation...

Electronic Punk said:
a) relevent
b) make sense

will do....sorry i was kinda pissed about it all.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back