This is a really really freaky harddisk

G

G-Lizard86

Here i've got a 2 screenshots, it shows what's wrong with one of my partitions, the one where i got most of my music on....it suddenly has alot, and i mean really alot of space left...even though all my stuff is still on it....can any1 explain this....here's the first screenshot...

Kinda ****ty screenshot...well it says, that the used space is about 19 gigs, while partitions is in total about 20, but now it shows that the free space is over 120 gigs....on that one partition only....????

Maybe god felt sorry for you and made the disk 6 times bigger :D

Only thing I think could of happened ;)

Skazz

Hehe... XP is misreading your HD freespace --this happened to me once after performing one too many registry tweaks (ya know, the ones that claim to boost performance but really don't).

Try running a disk check at bootup. Also, you might want to back up the files, just in case it's a physical partition problem, and run partition magic (or similar) to verify the actual used space on the drive.

When you got your hard disk, it was baby. Now it grew!

Congratulations, your little girl is all grown up, from 19 to 120, wow! :p

hahaha

yeah none of u will undresstand this one but its a lil joke that i do in school and i get in trouble for!

It got REMIXED!

I always say remix in school just for the %^*@ of it and i get in trouble, two of my classes if i say it once i get after school detention!!!:D :D :(

Lol i just rebooted...after two days of uptime....and it was just the same again...:(:( too bad!! It was almost 200 gigs this morning....how sweet would that be.....

im sorry to say

i think u have a virus that increases the size that windows sees every time u boot. may eventiually *&^% your hard drive. if norton or whatever antivirus software u have doesnt pick it up then download trojan remover and search with that it could be a trojan.:confused:

hmm....it started all over again this morning...really weird..lol...gonna reinstall NSW 2003 again....and run a virus check

one time i had the same problem. my hdd said it still had a terra byte :eek: of free space left :p

thats ok until windows actually tries to write to that "free space" and u got serious problems (probably crash aswell)

run chkdsk /r that will take a decade hehe:)

oh yeah sorry...i typed one letter wrong...it should be okay now...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back