This is a really really freaky harddisk

G

G-Lizard86

Here i've got a 2 screenshots, it shows what's wrong with one of my partitions, the one where i got most of my music on....it suddenly has alot, and i mean really alot of space left...even though all my stuff is still on it....can any1 explain this....here's the first screenshot...

G

G-Lizard86

Kinda ****ty screenshot...well it says, that the used space is about 19 gigs, while partitions is in total about 20, but now it shows that the free space is over 120 gigs....on that one partition only....????

Lighter

. . . . . . . . .
Hehe... XP is misreading your HD freespace --this happened to me once after performing one too many registry tweaks (ya know, the ones that claim to boost performance but really don't).

Try running a disk check at bootup. Also, you might want to back up the files, just in case it's a physical partition problem, and run partition magic (or similar) to verify the actual used space on the drive.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
When you got your hard disk, it was baby. Now it grew!

Congratulations, your little girl is all grown up, from 19 to 120, wow! :p

Kush

High On Life!
hahaha

yeah none of u will undresstand this one but its a lil joke that i do in school and i get in trouble for!

It got REMIXED!

I always say remix in school just for the %^*@ of it and i get in trouble, two of my classes if i say it once i get after school detention!!!:D :D :(

G

G-Lizard86

Lol i just rebooted...after two days of uptime....and it was just the same again...:(:( too bad!! It was almost 200 gigs this morning....how sweet would that be.....

Kush

High On Life!
im sorry to say

i think u have a virus that increases the size that windows sees every time u boot. may eventiually *&^% your hard drive. if norton or whatever antivirus software u have doesnt pick it up then download trojan remover and search with that it could be a trojan.:confused:

G

G-Lizard86

hmm....it started all over again this morning...really weird..lol...gonna reinstall NSW 2003 again....and run a virus check

X

XP Abuser

thats ok until windows actually tries to write to that "free space" and u got serious problems (probably crash aswell)

run chkdsk /r that will take a decade hehe:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut