thinner taskbar?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
How can I change the size of the taskbar without changing the resolution? I like the thinness of the bar at 1152x864, but I want to stay at 1024x768. I did some looking around, but couldn't find an answer.

The bar is relative to the screen size so it is most likely as thin as its going to get. You can, however, make it thicker.

I did have it twice as thick for a while, but I just made some pretty major changes to my GUI, and now it's back to the thinnest I can make it.

You can open the .msstyle file in StyleBuilder and decrease the pixel height of the taskbar.
I don't think there's any other way of going about doing this.

You can change the taskbar size along with the Active Title bar size in display properties, appearence, advanced. Play around with size and font size settings for the title bar and it will change the taskbar size, too.

Originally posted by yoyo
You can change the taskbar size along with the Active Title bar size in display properties, appearence, advanced. Play around with size and font size settings for the title bar and it will change the taskbar size, too.

Wow...now that's something new! Thanks for the tip :)

Originally posted by coathanger007
Check out this taskbar :)

Looks handy, but it seems to take away a lot of screen space, don't you think?

Just looks like a mess, and why are you only using 1152x864 on a 19"

That's just the screenshot - I like 1280 x 1024
With all the programs on my PC, it's as tidy as it gets. Let's have a look at how tidy and user friendly your desktop is.:D

lol - I didn't even know. Learn new things every day :D
This screenshot show how empty my desktop is. No hassle of having to always go to the desktop for a shortcut. More useful to have everything on the taskbar which is always handy.:)

I'm just using Windows + Truelaunchbar :) If you play around stretching it etc you can achieve the same result !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back