Thinking of up-grading?

N

neo090282

I'm thinking of up -grading. I would prefer to build the PC myself as its much cheaper, was wondering if anyone new any good places to buy hardware(as in cheap!)

Also AMD or Intel, whcih? And when are tthe new Graphics cards chipsets out?

Ta'

you asked the wrong question for this forum... 90% of people in around here is going to tell you to either get an athlon xp because they're faster when they're compaired to similar P4's and cheaper... or wait for hammer.

But here's my suggestion... don't wait for hammer, because lets just say that it turns out to be a flop (hey it could happen) or just wait for benchmarks, and everything... but you probably want a new computer now. I just bought a 2.2 Ghz P4, and you can OC to 2.4 very easily and save lotsa $$$... also, it will not die if the fan stops working, or the heatsink falls off... (which will probably never happen)... but I have been an intel fan for a while, but I am very impressed with AMD;s products, and I would recomend them to you if you want to go that way. But the best price/performance that I've heard about is the P4 1.6AGhz... you can O/C it, depending on how good your heatsink and fan are, to extreme clockspeeds... So my recomendation is P4... but more people will tell you AMD... both are fine.

use pricewatch.com

merchants listed on pricewatch fairly reliable cheap too

Thanks for the advice people....just one more query along the line of Bastid....Clawhammer??

So when are these out and how much they looking at being??
And whats with the name claw...?

Good point, at least Clawhammer has got a bit of personality to it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back