Thinking about using Lindows as OS in my File and Print Server

L

lechtard

Would it be a good Idea to use Lindows for the OS in my File Server and Print Server ??

I was going to use Windows 2000 Server but would like to try and avoid the windows route if at all posible .. And I figured since Lindows is a unix it would work out pretty well.

So would it be a good idea ?? I know I could use another linus based system, but I read and heard that lindows is easier to set up ..

it's not a unix, it's a linux, and a ****ty one at that... it designed for the desktop, not for serving.

just stick with a core linux distro or a BSD if you want to avoid windows...

Well, I wouldn't recommend Lindows. But if you want some n00b friendly Linux I suggest you try Fedora or Mandrake. I'm running Fedora myself.

Thanx for the info .. I am not new to linux, I been trying to learn Red Hat. I just thought Lindows would be easier to use..

if you've been "trying to learn redhat" then you are indeed new to linux.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back