• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thinking about Overclocking.....

I am thinking about overclocking my geforce4 and my CPU, but what i wanna know is what are the consequences in doing this? (besides losing warranty)..... i heard the hardware doesnt last as long?..... and i dont realy feel like relpacing my video card/cpu for a long time..... soo any advice would be welcomed, thx

RaZoR

ps... stupid question, what are the consequences and difference in overlclocking the FSB from 133mhz to 166mhz (or any other higher # greater than 133mhz).... is that the same as overclocking the CPU? or is that just memory? i also dont want to change any voltage #'s as i heard that that can slash your CPU's life expectancy quite a bit....

A

AKHeero

Well, the consequences vary. It will shorten the life of your processor and video card. You can also fry your cpu or video card if you don't have proper cooling. You need to upgrade you video and cpu coolers if you are using stock cooling with them. Increasing you FSB is the same as overclocking, but NEVER go from 133 to 166. Only go in increments and then wait to make sure that the computer will be stable at that setting. Also keep an eye on your temps so that they don't get too high. I don't overclock myself and I don't recommend it for other, but I hope this helps you out.

haha your computer is like got all or nearly the same specs as mine i got 2.05 ghz out of just putting the "cpu host frequecie" up to 178 highest is like 185 and the default is 166 and dats 1.91 so go up to 2.15ghz but get some decent cooling first!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar