Thinking about getting a guitar

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
I've recently felt the urge to start playing guitar. I know some of you on here have some prior experience with them.

I'm probably going to get an electric, as I hear they are easier to start off with, and because they are louder :)

Have you guys got any advice on what to look for in a good guitar, and some good brands and what not? Thanks for any help :D

Off to do some Googling.

depends largely on your budget and what kind of music you want to play

I'm looking at $200-$300, preferably closer to the $200 point :p

As for the kind of music I want to play, I'm not too much into the really heavy stuff, but I'd love to play something like Helicopter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2OVcytDvBw

Last edited:
I'm selling one of te NICEST guitars you will EVER see.

it was played by les paul, singed by him and members of his band

the mere price of your first born

I will open a paypal if interested

Those aren't too bad for beginners, however, if you're wanting to get somewhat serious in it, you'll want to upgrade soon after that for a better sound and overall better experience.

Well I still would like to get a good sounding guitar. As subjective as that may be, I have a feeling I won't want to practice if it sounds like ****.

You recommend any particular one unknownsoul?

perris: That one's slightly out of my price range at the moment :p

Last edited:
I have been playing on and off for about 7 - 8 years, and personally you cant go wrong with a Fender squire package. They are a great value imho, I started off with a squire guitar and some off brand amp I picked up.

I am not sure on how the squire quality has changed over years, but thats my vote.

Good Luck :)

Squires are good, fender makes several good models. I myself play more on the acoustic side, and Takamine is one of my favorites.

Being a musician myself, I hardly ever suggest buying new. You can almost always find much higher quality gear used. I know for $250 I just picked up a Marshall 65 watt combo and a Washburn MG-44.

Being a beginner you also don't want to get sucked into paying a thousand dollars for something. You best choice is to get a complete kit like the fender squire or something simular, like the ibanez jump start. Good choice on what was told.

I been playing off and on for 15 years, I always wanted a Parker Southern Nitefly with a Mesa boogie half stack and a line6 pod xt live pedal board :)

I always wanted a Parker Southern Nitefly with a Mesa boogie
boy that bogie amp is incredible isn't it johnny?

first time I heard it I was a marhall only guy, someone brought that little wooden boogie amp into a club I was working and I laughed untill I heard the thing

just unbelevable back then...I don't know if it's still far and away the best amp you could get but back then nothing came close

boy that bogie amp is incredible isn't it johnny?

first time I heard it I was a marhall only guy, someone brought that little wooden boogie amp into a club I was working and I laughed untill I heard the thing

just unbelevable back then...I don't know if it's still far and away the best amp you could get but back then nothing came close

It is a sweet amp, Perris. Here is the one I want: Mesa Boogie Head - It is only a single channel, but with having a pedal board like the pod xt live you don't need a multi channel amp .. They are the best you can buy in my opinion.

Something else I always liked, as well, were the rack systems. The thing I liked best about them is you can have direct input right to the board. Bob bradshaw made some nice set ups when it came to that. Some of the biggest names in music have used him to design their rack configurations. Of course, once again, with having the podxt live you can do away with the rack, and have it all your feet.. Here is the pod xt live by the way: Line6 Podxt Live

@J79zlr - That is a nice amp, my first amp was a Peavey Bandit 65 with a Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal, man that really kicked. Then when you added a Boss Overdrive pedal with it you got a lot of fat tone. It was unbelievable the sound they could put out. Those two pedals alone could make any amp sound like a million bucks, of course, the bandit didn't need any help.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back