These 3 questions I ask of you...

P

PseudoKiller

Seems a while ago we had someone called A._Leon. He was a Foxrider friend. Well he has been PM'ing me to be unbanned. I figured since he was so rude that coming back should not be as easy as just a flick of the switch so I proposed to him a test. Below is the PM I responded to him...

Ok...

We will unban you but first since you were so rude and belligerent it's not that easy to come back. Now if you are willing we have 3 questions for you. If you can answer these questions we will unban you and your ip. A._Leon and your IP was 204.38.148.67

Now the test:

1. What color do you get when you mix black and yellow ?

2. When you do a fresh install of Windows NT 4 and you install the video drivers approved for NT4. After the installation you will have to reboot for changes to take effect. After you reboot you are still running in 640x480 and 16 colors. Why can't one adjust the settings ?

3. Who owns NTFS.org and whats his real name ?

Answer these 3 questions correctly and you will be unbanned.

No time limit... Good luck !!

This is going to be fun... :D

1) Olive Green

2) You selected Windows NT 4.0 Workstation [VGA Mode] from the boot menu

3) waddy = Craig Waddington

Did i pass? :D

JJB

Originally posted by JJB6486
1) Olive Green

JJB

you were banned ?

:eek:

Originally posted by JJB6486
1) Olive Green

JJB

1. CORRECT - Impressive only 2 others I have ever posed that question to have answered it correctly.

2. Wrong. Try again

3. CORRECT - In fact I found out only today Waddys full name.

BTW the #2 question was a one I had asked someone during the interview process since my boss asked me to comeup with one. The interviewee was looking for a System Administrator job. I asked the question and no one in the room (5 people) could get the answer. It took a free lunch and lots of begging to get it out of me.

How do I know this question, personal experience. I install NT4 on serveral machines, and this one machine gave me such a problem I almost called M$ for help. Luckily I found the solution in time and the humiliation of asking M$ for help was averted.

Its a head slapper when you hear the answer... IMO

Anything to do with needing a Service pack to support AGP cards?

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Anything to do with needing a Service pack to support AGP cards?

You are in the ball park, but in the nose bleed section. :D

Heh, well all I know is that you need Service Pack 3 or later to use an AGP card correctly, although PK's probably talking about some uber-compatible PCI card and some rare as hell NT problem that i'll never guess :p :D

DING DING DING Speedy B got it. But it actually has nothing to do with AGP. Any video card will have an issue or all most any card but most can be fixed with SP3 or later.

Bonus points will be awarded to anyone who can tell me the order in which you should install the SP's and OP's for NT4 also to be sure and say which SP and OP should not be installed ??

hehe :D

DING DING DING and Speedy B gets the BONUS QUESTION !!!

respect.gif

Sure.... ahh... depends on what you want ?? <runs and hides in fear>

A pentium 4 3.06ghz laptop, and a holiday to the caribean, with a complimentary boat...and house, and possibly a car.
:D

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
A pentium 4 3.06ghz laptop, and a holiday to the caribean, with a complimentary boat...and house, and possibly a car.
:D
And me to go along to add some fun :D

Seems I have finally recieved a responce

a_leon4

answer
1. is grey
2. [i'll get back with you...i've never used NT 4]
3. Electronic Punk [i'll get back with his real name]

And as you can tell he has only 1 right... maybe I think but the the jury is still out on that... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back