thermo electric cooling

No, but from what I've heard these Peltier plates are a bit unreliable. If they break they make for very good isolation! Plus they suck alot of power (70W is not unusual).

This kit is really no more than a Peltier plate with a fancontroller/powerconverter plus fans and heatsink.

What I've also heard is that "professional" overclockers stay away from Peltier plates.

If anyone else have heard of thinks differently, please post! The Peltier plates are a very interesting cooling idea IMO.

i've thought about getting one of those peltier plates for like $10 at an electronics store and trying it out. but the main issue is power. that could be easily solved by wiring it to an external ac adapter, though.

anyone ever tried one of those?

Originally posted by taurus
i've thought about getting one of those peltier plates for like $10 at an electronics store and trying it out. but the main issue is power. that could be easily solved by wiring it to an external ac adapter, though.
Should work just as well. Just remember to have a plate between the peltier and the CPU to spread the heat (as described in the first URL).

thanks for the comments ....think i'll just stick with conventional cooling

the reason i asked is cuz i am going to build another new system shortly ...but dont wanna fry a 500$ cpu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back