Thermal silver grease

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
my dad bought me some silver grease that he saw in a store, i would like to use it but i ahve some wuestions first, the computer i am going to use it on is an amd 2000+ cpu with stock heat sink, now first, there is this pink stuff on the heat sink that you had to peal off a cover and just stick the cpu to.
is this stuff better than the silver stuff i have ? and if not, do i need to remove this pink stuff before i add the silver stuff and does anyone know if there is a special way to do it insted of scraping it off with a screwdriver?? here is a pic of the pink stuff

Originally posted by canadian_divx
my dad bought me some silver grease that he saw in a store, i would like to use it but i ahve some wuestions first, the computer i am going to use it on is an amd 2000+ cpu with stock heat sink, now first, there is this pink stuff on the heat sink that you had to peal off a cover and just stick the cpu to.
is this stuff better than the silver stuff i have ? and if not, do i need to remove this pink stuff before i add the silver stuff and does anyone know if there is a special way to do it insted of scraping it off with a screwdriver?? here is a pic of the pink stuff

don't use a screw driver...

use coarse cloth (not hard mind) and some water to wipe it off...

dont expect to use the cloth again as this grease is unlikely to come out :)

once again DON' T USE A SCREWDRIVER...

ummmm just take off the old put a little dab on the heatsink and then put the heatsink on the chip only use a little as the heatsink pushes pretty hard and itll squish the silver stuff pretty thin :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back