• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thermal Adhesive

I

Ice-Freezer

I was thinking of putting some kind of fan like Sunon 40x20mm, 8000rpm on my northbridge heatsink, and also on the chip some artic silver 3 but the problem is i heard that once u stick something with thermal adhesive that there is no way to take it off. will my northbridge chip be damaged if i try to take it off. any help would be great.

J

joeblogs

If you're talking about the double sided tape stuff read below, if youre talking about an actual glue never done it and disregard the next paragraph

I've removed a couple of heatsinks that have been stuck on with the heat conductive tape without any problems at all (just be gentle). Once a cpu vial brutforce (it still worked afterwords) and yesterday a heatsink of a matrox G400 gently prying with a screwdriver. Then use a stanley knife blade to scrape the tape/goupe off both surfaces and finaly use some metho or something to clean the two surfaces.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chawalsub