There will always be somone who complains...

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
Just looked at an article about the Matrix from msnbc.com.

"May 14 — Fans are eagerly awaiting “The Matrix Reloaded” — but it’s made some people very unhappy. The villains in the flick are a pair of white-skinned, white-haired, red-eyed twins, and groups representing albinos say the movie unfairly stereotypes pigment-challenged individuals."

??"pigment-challenged individuals"?? Is this a real term?

*sighs* oh well. What are ya gonna do.

Here is the article.

So does that mean that if I wear the same shoes or glasses as someone in the movie that I am just like them? If I am the same color or same build... same sex. If I do my hair the same way as Neo you think I might be able to fly? I do not mean to cause trouble but here is my thoughts on it... They cause trouble over this because they want to believe that they are discriminated against because they are different. I do not hate people who are different than me, I hate people who are different than me and think they are oppressed and that I owe them something because they are a "minority" or because they are different. Get over it. It's just a movie!

Originally posted by Codasmd

??"pigment-challenged individuals"?? Is this a real term?

*sighs* oh well. What are ya gonna do.

Here is the article.

yes... michael jackson is one of these individuals :)

no... really he is :D

Have you noticed that the bad guys in American films are always British?? :D

Originally posted by Evil Marge
Have you noticed that the bad guys in American films are always British?? :D

did you ever watch True Lies or any of the alien or predator movies ?

didn't look british to me :D

:(...i dont think so...just cause the brits dont have good teeth doesnt mean they suck :p :) ;)

TittleBitties said:
:(...i dont think so...just cause the brits dont have good teeth doesnt mean they suck :p :) ;)
It has nothing to do with his teeth .. more his trying to hard and falling really short of funny :)

Sazar said:
yes... michael jackson is one of these individuals :)

no... really he is :D

Ugh, Michael Jackson :eek: Why anyone would get so much plastic surgery over the course of their life, and actually pay someone to do this to their face is beyond me.

mdf411890.jpg

wrt the thread, political correctness has gone a bit too far. I mean after McDonalds got sued the first time because someone was a bit rotund from eating too many hamburgers; some of the buzz I saw around the Internet was whether fast food joints should be responsible for monitoring people's weight for them, or be forced to serve healthier food. Why should McDonalds have to watch this for the customer? It was bad enough, I heard that one state passed a law that people can't sue fast food joints for eating too much. Should just be common sense...

BTW, I prefer a little variety in my movies. I wouldn't necessarily want every single character to be a clone of each other... Add the same voice, and it would get a bit confusing to watch :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back