theme does not appear for choosing

• Thread starter autumnheart
  • Start date
A

autumnheart

I'm not sure if this problem only occurs for users like me who use a hacked uxtheme.dll instead of the StyleXP software.

After I download and unzip the theme e.g. EclipseOSX into the c:\windows\resource\themes directory, I don't see it appearing under themes (at the window under desktop properties) when I want to change the theme.
This occurs for quite a few themes I downloaded.

However, I can see and choose to use themes like Ocean, MacOSX etc.
I figured that because the zip files of these 2 themes contain this ".theme" file, hence, the name of the theme appear.

So, does it mean that, with StyleXP, even when the ".theme" file is not present, the theme can still be used?

Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks.
:)

It will only show up under themes if a .THEME file exists in the \resources\themes\ directory. Otherwise, the .mss file will show up under the appearance tab.

scratch that.

just double click on the .THEME file using Explorer.

so if the zip file does not contain a .theme file, then the theme can't be used?

or do i just need to double click the .mss file in window explorer?

*puzzled*
:p

Originally posted by autumnheart
so if the zip file does not contain a .theme file, then the theme can't be used?

or do i just need to double click the .mss file in window explorer?

*puzzled*

If the .ZIP does not contain a .THEME file then it will not show up in the Themes tab of desktop properties.

However, you can either double click the .MSS file from Explorer or apply it from the "Appearance" tab of desktop properties.

Either way, you can double click a .THEME or .MSS file via Explorer to apply it.

thank you so much!!
:) :p

i will try it when i'm back home tonight (working now :p)

just wondering aloud:-
why do pple create theme without a .theme file?
wouldn't it be more convenient if they create one?
(i mean, if they think it's too troublesome, isn't creating a theme already very time-consuming)

anyway, i really really want to say a BIG thank you to all who created themes and share with the public.
pple like me who are super lousy at art really benefitted from them.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! *waves*

lol. too funny =)

some authors choose to make just style sheets. don't ask me why. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back