Theme and Downloads

nod32

OSNN Addict
I have 2 differnet problems.

I installed a new theme yesterday, but I noticed that some of the letters or even words in message boxes or buttons were missing. Is this a problem with the theme? See screenshot below :)

The other problem that I have is that whenever I'm downloading something (whether its IE, Firefox or even p2p) my downloads start slowing down before it reaches the end. It cuts off the connection pre maturely. Downloads get to 99% and then stop. My connection is tweaked with various tweaks in Firefox or the registry (TCP/IP Optimizer).

Windows XP Pro Sp2

Any help would be great,
Thanks
Matt

Some visual styles/themes do that. Unless the author fixes the vs/theme then you are out of luck.

Thanks for you replys.
I'm using Lamina XT. I was thinking it was a problem with the theme too, but nobody else has any problems with it and the same thing happens with some other themes.

Any ideas with the download problems?

for the download thing i would like to know also because i have the same problem with downloads on pcs.

if no one else has that problem then there is a pretty good chance that the problem is on your side...

may i ask what you are using to apply the theme?

hmm... no clue then :( my problem was with style xp... same type of thing however when i reinstalled style xp it fixed the issue.

oh well
thanks for trying

about the downloads...
Can you post some of your specs (browser, OS, or any tweaks, ect) so mabey we could find some simalarities and pin point the problem?

well.. i always have this on all my pcs.. i thought it was normal :nervous: ... however an example would be Averatec 3150p Laptop w/windowsxp pro using internet explorer | fresh install

if i'm on dialup a normal file (such as an mp3 or a zip) will start out at about 11kbps and it will gradually get down to 5 where it will stay between 4-5 for most of the download but the last 5-10% it will go SOOOO slow.. like less than 1kbps.

then i started using macs and my life has become so much better~bla~bla~bla :laugh:

hmm well that doesn't really help becuase I'm kinda different.

I'm on cable and downloads go about 200 kb/s through the first 99% and then drops to about 1 kb/s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back