The Zink???

donte2006

OSNN Addict
have u guys heard of ploroids new mobile printer the Zink, it looks really cool:nervous:
i think the first ones are coming out at the end of this year.
and could change the printing biz alot over the nezt few years.
they releaseing printer, digital cameras, and maybe more.
i can't wait for it to come out.:nervous: :nervous:

PS: it's Inkless!!!!!!!!!

Yes.. it's not really poloroid.. it's a separate company called Zink (http://www.zink.com/) which stands for Zero INK printing :)

It's poloroid like in that it requires special paper which has embedded colorless dye crystals. The "printer" has a thermal head which heats the pixels/crystals to a certain temperature which causes the crystals to change color producing an image. They are supposed to be faster than traditional inkjet printers and produce some great results. Paper costs is estimated to be ~20-30cents for a 2x3 inch paper.

Gizmodo has an early look at one their mobile models geared towards printing cell phone pics.. They are also supposed to have a standalone model available... supposed to be out later this year.

edit: it's also very similiar to the Fuji CX-550 printers in concept, Zink just does it faster (and probably better). Good spot, and thanks for bringing it to the forum

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back